Thursday, March 31, 2005

Today's Idiot! - The Supreme Editions (TITSEs)

Ok, today they really took the cake on idiocy. The TITSEs I witnessed today may very well have ended up on a Darwin list if not for the grace of God and the absence of a moving wall of death.

So, I am on the way to work today and I cross Kennedy Road on Dennison. After the next light is a railway crossing, I suspect for the GO train among other things. Well, the lights are going, the crossing arms are down and two rows of vehicles (cars, trucks, an 18-wheeler, a fire truck with its lights on and a school bus wait on either side of it. Some time passes and there is still no train. And then, the unimaginably stupid happens; people are moving towards and then (GULP) around the arms?!?!?

Yes fans, these various TITSEs (and there were a lot of them) decided that the wait was too long. Now I fully understand the fire truck doing this, but 10-20 dumbasses preceeded the emergency vehicle doing this. Now, I am sure I can find the various disturbing security camera clips on the Internet that I have seen over the years showing how the stupid gene pool that thought themselves mightier than a freight train. Some of these people simply followed the person in front of them WITHOUT looking to see if maybe, just maybe, they were about to meet their maker.

Shortly there after, a Durham (or is it York? police cruiser came up behind us sane people still in line and blocked the passage. Then, a red pickup drove by and onto the gravel beside the track. Man, I wish I carried my video camera in DR. This railway worker gimped across the road gingerly on the single crutch. He popped open a panel on the grey box and overrode the gates, but the lights remained on. Amazingly, the cop car had not yet moved and this semi-TITSE decides that he is in such a rush that he has to swerve around the police car to get going.

People, if you are coming to a railroad crossing, and the lights are going AND it uses the gate arms... DO NOT GO ACROSS THE *&^%*&^%* TRACKS!! It can kill you. It is against the law. Did I mention that IT CAN KILL YOU?

Peace!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes but remember, stupidity is nature's way of ensure "survival of the fittest". I'm a firm believer that all warning labels be removed and this problem of TITSEs would be solvd. :)

Mossy Stone said...

Darwin would adopt you, Ms. M. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Dtrini,

I found one for you. It's unbelievable as to how stupid people can be. Darwin was wrong!

Dtrini said...

OK, I think I may give up on Americans and maybe humanity as a whole. If the priorities are SO screwed up and SO selfish as to use an emergency service that is used to protect and save lives as your personal enforcement of fast food entitlement? Simply because you cannot get off your *%&^(* lazy ass to go inside and deal with this?

I SOOOO want someone to determine that this call is real and for them to contact the person to find out just who the hell she thinks she is. Oprah. 60 minutes. Fox News. Someone find out who she is and nationally roast her stupid as.

Thanks MsMittens for this blog topic.