Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Racism in soccer

I am of heavy heart. Here are a number of links that explain why. I really was walking around in an optimistic fog. No more. I can say nothing else here. Read the stories. Do not dismiss the links. Get educated. This shit really is unreal and has to stop.

Fines not enough.

Dock points for racism.

UEFA is pathetic at cracking down.

Spanish game called due to taunting.

FIFA cracks down for World Cup (but cannot stop prostitution).

The coach said it, and he got away for 3000 euros. THAT is the price of dignity.

I don't think I have the stomach for any more today. Look for another set sometime later. I'm off to watch a hockey game; a sport that has worked VERY hard to stamp out the last remnants of racism and has a ZERO tolerance of it.

CIAO. PEACE.

No comments: