Thursday, February 17, 2005

Today's idiot!

Actually, today we have a twofer. Sorry ladies, but it seems to be your week.

Let's start with idiot number one. Now, everyone that knows me and has driven with me knows that I am a decent driver and I am good on the road (snicker and die). I am also very courteous on the road and tend to let people in on a regular basis. Far too often, though, the folks do not so much as acknowledge the gesture. So, I tend to have a few gestures of my own at the ready. Anyhow, today I had the pleasure of this woman not once, but twice, trying to cut in front of my truck when she had all the time and space in the world to move in behind me. She compounds that with going into the left lane when she needs to go right and then in the right lane when she needs to turn left. And then she feels it is my responsibility to allow her in front of me to correct her mistake; the Roo says otherwise. Funny how little tinny cars have no arguments with large black steel bars.

The second idiot of the day is a common animal around the workplace. I am sure you have run into them often times yourselves. You are there waiting patiently for the elevator, since you have actually pushed the button for it. Up comes some soul that is obviously more important and more in a hurry than you. They push the button again (or three or more times) possibly because it is biometrically coded to respond to their touch. Or, they have a secret Morse-like code that puts the elevator on priority service to get to the ground floor for them. In any case, once the elevator does arrive, they not only do not feel the need to allow the occupants to exit first, they do not feel the need to allow you to enter the elevator first. This type of idiot will also do this after walking into the area with twenty people waiting there to walk in front of others to get it. Today's idiot decide that she would attempt this manouver regardless of the large laptop on my shoulder that was jabbing her in the ribs.

People. I can soooooo do without them sometimes.

No comments: