Sunday, November 25, 2007

Bloody hell. It's been ten days?

I know, I know. It's just been that when I had something to say, it has just not been a good time or I have been away from the computer or this damn cold has kicked me in my chest again and typing has been painful or distasteful. I really have to get that mobile blogging thing set up again so I can post from my BB at will.

Anyhoo, the usual nothing much is happening at the moment but a whole lotta shit happened in that last few weeks. I have been debating about blogging about it but I think it is therapy for me and hopefully a warning and a help for somebody that happens by this site. I mean, all that pain has to be for a good reason in the universe, right?

Riiiiiiight. Soon, but not right now.

DW is off in the US doing work stuff and TC and I are kicking it old school at home. Well, sortof. I am sick as a dog and she is helping to take care of me. Naturally, it means she has a bit of a snow day as well since no one is exactly on her about various items but that will come to an end today as I am feeling much better and much stronger. Don't get me wrong though, she has been a welcome help and company while DW is away and I welcome the time alone together, while missing my wife.

So, I have been up since before 4AM, watching Bond movies and sports recaps (f**king Leafs). Now, as I often am when I am up and no one else is, I am restless and listless so I will get caught up on things this cold has hindered me from wanting to deal with all week. The office machines and the office itself, the minefield we call a living room, the laboratory we call a kitchen and finally the graveyard we call a basement. Yes, each of these areas will get a little attention today if only to plot out the extra attention it will get this week as we approach our first anniversary in Ajax and realize it looks in here like we just moved in.

I vow that 2008 will be different not just because we want it to be but because it has to be. We have to lead by example and we have been piss poor at it thus far. The future is only as good as building upon the lessons of the past so it is time to reinforce some foundations. Plus, with the expectation that I will lose my office upstairs, I need to figure out how to power up the toys in the unwired basement. Also, I would like to play in the basement (i.e. billiards, etc.) so the items taking up necessary space (i.e. boxes, boxes, old equipment, boxes, etc.) have got to go. This year (yes, yes, I know) we will definitely be having a serious, ORGANIZED, garage sale and we will be properly prepared for it. Not waiting for that though as I will start taking pictures of everything and try to sell them off on craigslist or kijiji and maybe even the old buy and sell (now online and modernized). Between the online and the at home sales, everything that does not get put out and used must be sold, given away or trashed. When we move again, this simply cannot move with us. It is one thing if we were using it all, but there are boxes unopened from when I split with my first wife. I have lots of memories, I no longer need all the stuff that goes with them.

What I have learned is that long slow steps will still get the job done and I don't have to try to do it all by myself in a week or two. So, it will be a family project instead that will be part work and part fun as we go through the stuff, recover some treasures, laugh at some stuff we did and say goodbye to the ghosts of the past as we welcome the unknown of the future. I am really looking forward to that day when we can sit back and marvel at the space again. I will post pictures of the before and after so you can marvel too.

Ciao.

No comments: