Friday, May 16, 2008

40TH!!!

Just a quick post and then I will fill it in later (as I am rushing off to my function this evening). Okay, not so quick as I never finished writing it last night so I am finishing it Saturday morning.

Today started just a little different as a friend and colleague from work got in my very first birthday wish today. Thanks Sab. That was followed a half hour later by a message from my LB. Thanks Wiz. And that was followed by the call I expect every year and very few years has it been missed. As I was born around 5AM, my father calls me every year at 5AM to wake me up and welcome me yet again into he world. Honestly, at one point I got to hate being woken up but I quickly understood that it is a special thing to look forward to and the effort he makes to do it every single year is to be appreciated. And I do appreciate it very much. Thanks Dad.

And thanks to Mossy, DoubleD (who called before he drove down to Ohio with the family), my youngest niece, my oldest nephew, various FB friends, other folks at work, Keith, my MIL who sent a very nice e-card and finally, my favourite aunt in the world made sure to call to wish me well. I also have to thank Mossy and Penny, BB and EL, Skibum, Calgary girl, College boy and his girlfriend (and S in absentia), my cousin Weeble, her sister Flake and the girl with the nice rack that Weeb brought. Most of all I have to thank my wife you for a change was able to genuinely surprise me. First, she never told me that me that Calgary Girl was in town this weekend and coming with Skibum. Second, she was able to keep the secret that my brother, LB, his wife, SpecialK, and their two sons were coming down for the weekend so I was shocked to see him walk in to the pool area of Safari and it brought me to tears.

This was also an extra special time because the cousins I have not seen or talked to in a long time, for reason we will not print here, came out to celebrate with me. At 40, I decided that change was necessary but in positive ways. I took steps to start that change and it ignited and caught quickly so as I result, family is back in the picture. That is really the best present of all.

Thank you everyone for one of the best birthday ever. I won't soon forget this day. Much love.

Ciao.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww.. I'm sorry to have missed it. :( Happy 40th, my friend. You and the wife will have to come down in a couple of years for mine. ;)

Dtrini said...

Thanks much. We'll be down before that but definitely keep us in the loop on "40 in the Apple". :)