Thursday, July 17, 2008

One for the books

Anyone that knows me knows that I will probably speak to you via email or MSN before I do on the phone. As such, I am constantly seeing SPAM of all sorts (not just penis mail). The following is directed SPAM, as I call it, because there is a person behind the specific intent. I would make note of the email address and style so that you can avoid such people like the plague in the future. If you want to know why I accepted them in the first place, that's simple: no one uses their real names in their email anymore so until you connect, you have no clue who it is. That is one of the problems with how MSN is set up. As well, what do we want from something free from Micro$oft?

Enjoy.

Dixie says:
Hi

I am on vacation until Monday. Bother me at your own peril! http://dtrini.blogspot.com says:
Hi. Are we acquainted?

dixielugavux@hotmail.com says:
hey, A/S/L?:)

I am on vacation until Monday. Bother me at your own peril! http://dtrini.blogspot.com says:
A/S/L?

dixielugavux@hotmail.com says:
hey whats up babe, U got a webcam? finally someone adds me, I am soo fuckin horny today for some reason lol

I am on vacation until Monday. Bother me at your own peril! http://dtrini.blogspot.com says:
Sorry. Married. Happy. Content. Not interested in more than I have as I can barely handle that. Good luck on your quest. Take care.

dixielugavux@hotmail.com says:
listen hun, I am just about to start my webcam show with jen, come chat me there in my chat room? We can cyber, I will get naked if u do..lol!


----------

At this point I simply stopped responding and then blocked the person from chatting with me any further.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One wonders what would have happened if you had got naked for her.

She might have blocked herself. ;-)

Penny said...

That's just nuts. I tell the kids all the time not to add someone they don't know, but I might have done it myself. As you said, you never know who is behind these email addresses.

Dtrini said...

Famine - I will have to try that the next time I get a proposition. However, since I used to get that from men on IRC, maybe not.

Penny - It is a scary world in there and parents today have no f**king clue about what little Timmy and Tammy can get exposed to. If I can help one get enlightened, it is worth the effort.

:)