Thursday, November 06, 2008

What next? Ban the Easter Bunny??!?!

I am late posting this but it still boils my blood.  This is the height of PC stupidity and a sure sign that people have too much f**king time on their hands.  There is nothing wrong with Halloween (which used to be spelt Hallowe'en, but I digress).  It is good natured, clean fun for small and big kids.  This BS that the board came up with is just utter nonsense.  I know a Wiccan; she is my Goddaughter.  Not once has she expressed the desire to march on Ottawa and complain bitterly about the portrayal once a year of her kind.  Give me a fracking break already.  If these idiots did not have their heads up their butts so far its dark, they would know that the schools have big problems, REAL problems that they need to address.

JHC!!!!

Comment: How the Toronto school board sterilized Halloween - Posted Toronto

1 comment:

Penny said...

Absolutely, insanely and bureaucratically ridiculous.

I know Wiccans. None of whom are offended by the modern day celebration of Samhain.

As for the "commercialization of death"..don't get me started. I am just SO DAMN GLAD that my kids are not in the TDSB.

As for "new Canadians" not understanding, the author of the article is right: is it not their job to TEACH CULTURAL as well as other Canadian bits to these kids?

If you don't like the way a holiday is celebrated, be a nice person and quietly back out. You don't have to ruin it for anyone else.

Fuck people bug me sometimes