Friday, January 08, 2016

All clear in the rear. TMI warning.

So, the day started crappy (sorry, could not resist the pun) as I forgot not one but BOTH of my damn phones at home on the hall bench.  I prefer to disconnect when I feel like it.  I hate being forcibly disconnected from everything and everybody.  It is no longer natural.

Anyhow, I had to get downtown not just for work but also to have a followup with the doctor that performed my colonoscopy.  Very nice lady who actually has a good manner about her with patients.  Thankfully the news was good and all seven polyps she removed in my December procedure with found to hold no issues.  I get to repeat the "fun" as a birthday gift to myself (and my family) in May.  Yea me!

On a serious note, I share this with you as most of you are around my age and would rather kill yourself than submit to a colonoscopy session.  That is the wrong way of thinking friends.  You could very well be saving your life by having the session as things start to go awry when you hit the big 5-0; sooner if you have a family history of cancer.  At least go and have the conversation with your family doctor and see what she or he says about it.  Two days of discomfort could mean the difference in years on your life.

Peace.

No comments: