Sunday, July 15, 2007

Movie review - Doom

This is going to be short. I love Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and I think besides doing the action thing, he is a decent actor period. That said, he needs to put this movie in the bargain bin and chalk it up to a learning experience on when to walk away from a bad movie. You would think with a plethora of examples to choose from in terms of game adaptations (i.e. Super Mario Brothers, TRON, Tomb Raider, etc.) that the makers of this film would know what translates well and what does not. While I appreciated the scene where they went into first-person shooter mode to mimic the game, the overall flow and dialog of the movie was one big boring blob. I had it on as I was doing stuff in the office and basically saw the beginning, some deaths in the middle and the really stupid ending.

This is not even a decent time waster of a movie. Save your money, your time and your sanity by watching something else.

Ciao.

No comments: