Thursday, August 02, 2007

It's 4AM and I am haunted.

So, DW, TC and I were watching The Bourne Identity earlier this evening when TC got up to use the bathroom. We paused the DVD and I noticed it was 10:59PM; almost time for CityPulse at 11. I flipped over to the news to see what has happened in the world today. Man, sometimes you just want to remain ignorant. Where do I start? The Taliban threat to kill the innocent Koreans? How about the floods and wildfires in various parts of the world? Maybe the catastrophic bridge collapse in Minnesota sending lots of people headed home plunging into the Mississippi river? Going local, we have the guy wanted for nearly running down a cop as he was fleeing other cops in a high speed chase, or maybe the guy who got beaten up while handcuffed to the SUV he left his rottweiler inside in the sweltering heat and nearly killed it or maybe the continuing proceedings of the arrested terrorist suspects? Why did I turn on the news again?

As distasteful and sobering the news can be sometimes, it is our duty to know what is happening in the world. That said, I fell asleep before the end of it and so did TC so we never finished the movie. TC went to bed, and so did DW and I; for a while. While DW was sawing wood, I watched a couple of FoodTV shows and found myself wide awake so I decide to catch up on my soap (Y&R rules!), clear some space on the PVR and set up the armoire that was now going to be DW's desk in the office as well as a place for more machines for me. I still have some wires to run but that task is nearly done. Cleaning up this office is taking forever but I still have my father's machine to rebuild (he bugs me every 48hrs for it), a laptop to rebuild (two actually if I can find the damn parts in here), TC's machine to clean and rebuild and a couple of other items. I may rebuild my desktop as well since it is exhibiting some behaviours at times that will get a bullet in its brain if it keeps up. Oh yeah, I also have a Blue and White Mac tower to rebuild; DW recently acquired this for me so it is a hobby unit.

Add to that the reworking of our network, building the webpage for our secret project and general other things and there simply, again, is not enough time in the day. The end of the month will be bittersweet as I took the week off to spend time with TC before she goes back to school and to really get some work done in the house. It pains me to see the place much as it was when we moved in last December. I really need an uninterrupted month to do it right but life simply does not afford me that time. Ah well, I am sure a lot of you could say the same so I'll stop my belly-aching and get back to it.

Ciao.

No comments: