Friday, August 08, 2008

I have to censor myself because if I said what I was thinking right now...

If you CHOOSE to not eat meat, I applaud you for having the strength and will to do so. It is a learned behaviour to not do so. I suppose you can also argue that to eat meat is a learned behaviour as taught to us by our parents from when we started chewing solid foods. Regardless, I believe that it has been proven many times over that very few animals on the planet possess the ability to choose; most are driven by instinct. Even those with the power of choice have to bow from time to time to their instinct because it is so strong. Homo Sapien is at the top of the food chain because of our intelligence and our ability to reason and choose our path in life.

Most, not all, food eaten by humans do not possess choice. I would not even enter the religious aspect because it has no place in this discussion. I will simply work with nature's law of the survival of the fittest. Humans, for better or for worse for this poor planet, are the dominant species on this planet. We survive temperature changes, warfare, natural disasters and we keep on coming. Many animals have disappeared because of humans but many have survived and thrived because of humans as well. If another animal wants to take the mantle, go right ahead and do so. However, until that time, we get to decide what happens around here.

And I will tell you, I am MUCH happier that the Colonel decided instead of training his chickens to dance in time to music or to tap out poetry on a computer, he figured out what spices and seasonings work best when they are chopped up, dipped in batter and dropped into a fryer. Maybe it is just my fat ass talking but give me dinner before giving me a pet.

Specifically to PETA's latest disgusting taste in ads, I can only say that it is par for course with them these days. There are simply not enough words or time to express just how pathetic, distasteful, insensitive, ignorant, compassionless, arrogant, crass, hurtful and just plain wrong and spiteful this is and the so-called celebrities that support PETA (Ahem, Ms. Anderson, are you listening?) should PUBLICLY and LOUDLY proclaim how much they are distancing themselves from PETA in this regard. Hmmm, I guess there were enough words and time after all. Shame on you PETA. Shame.

Peace.


PETA ad compares Greyhound bus attack to slaughtering animals

1 comment:

Syrlinus said...

This is a big reason why many vegetarians and vegans, myself and K included, do not support PETA. They are doing nothing more than being distasteful and disrespectful of people in general.

I was appalled when I saw the ad and just shock my head. People generate assumptions and perceptions of what a veg*n is like and that is *NOT* it.