Monday, February 02, 2009

Oh, what a game!

As usually happens at this time of year, DW and I host our annual Superbowl get together. Friends and family are invited to not only watch the game, but to come and socialize and hang out (as, remarkably, not everyone enjoys the NFL). This year, DW outdid herself with her usual contribution, a 7-layer dip. Not sure exatly what was different but it was absolutely perfect and AL and I nearly ate off the entire thing ourselves. Her chili was also up to snuff but I did not add to the naturally heat this year. That would be because the 7-layer had a bit of a kick but mainly because I had a heap of my favourite import, Redsometimes' husband's Double-Burn dip. It was extra cheesy and extra burny this year and, well, let's just say the three produce a perfect storm this morning and leave it at that. :)

I picked the Steelers this year (though I am a long suffering Buffalo Bills fan) and thankfully, literally, they pulled it out in the end. I'm lucky to know that though because believe it or not, I fell asleep after Arizona scored their late 4th quarter touchdown to take the lead. Our guests were leaving so they woke me up and I see ribbons falling on the Steelers jerseys.

FRACK!

But wait, there's more. Thankfully, (ugh! I loathe to say this) we have a Rogers PVR that we were watching on so I was able to rewind back to the Fitzgerald TD and play from there so I did see the whole thing unfold. I would not say it was the greatest game ever but it definitely deserves a top ten placement. Minus some of the stupidest penalty taking EVER, this game had some major highlights: Fitzgerald's go-ahead TD, Arizona coming back from 13 points down, Steelers blowing a 13 point lead in the fourth quarter, a 100-yard, longest ever, interception return for a touchdown, not one but two successful replay challenges, a first appearance by The Boss, the return of Jennifer Hudson to sing the anthem and just a whole lot of heart, grit and sweat spent on the field.

I'd like to thank our guests, Redsomtimes and date, AL and the lovely K, MR and NR, and Wynterluv and the great Peruvian, and the Skibum for coming out and joining us. We're sorry the DoubleD and his DW could not make it out, PS and MS are too CFL loyal (oh yeah, I said it beetaches), Bajan Boy's eye was bothering him (and stones were with his DW) but especially Famine and Devoid as she is recovering from a car accident this past week. Get Well Soon! Oh yeah, almost forgot my cousin, Weeb; still waiting to hear YOUR story for yesterday. :-P

Alrighty, that is it for this subject, on to more items in a few.

Ciao.

1 comment:

Penny said...

Hey, you can't be TOO loyal. I'm just feeling comfortable with the CFL rules. It'd totally fuck me up to then have to translate to the NFL rules.

Besides which, I cannot abide the egos that flourish within the NFL. Sorry. :(