Monday, December 06, 2004

Let it snow!

So, the weather outside is frightful, but the snow is just delightful...

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know it may not be the exact wording but you get the general gist of things. Personally, I LOVE the snow. I love the feel of it crunching under my feet. I love the taste of it (outside of polluted areas) on my tongue. I love the smell of it as t blankets all the city's nastiness. I even love the temperature of it as it typically gives a respite to colder times. Snow, I can deal with. I just wished that I could enjoy it without the cold.

Now, before you egghead types start explaining to me why this is technically an impossible situation (snow, ice, cold, winter.... Yes, I get it), understand the distinction. I love the near zero snowfalls. The fluffy white stuff that packs and leaves a ringing in your ear when it smacks the side of your ill-advised, left-in-the-open head in a snowfight. I despise the ice-pellet encrusted, wind-whipped mess that goes through everything but my government-issued Air Force Arctic parka (don't ask questions and I won't have to hurt you). I hate having my face beaten up like someone was raking it across bare concrete. It is that part of winter I hate.

Then there are those skiing types, you know the ones. They extol the virtue of pure powder, that first batch of snow that no one else has gone through; Virgin Ice, if you will. These types are obviously missing out on the more natural benefits of a ski lodge: Ski Bar and Ski Bunnies. nuff Said.

So, as winter truly rolls in, remember a few things. Unless you're in a hurry to swap insurance cards or medical info, slow it down and take it easy! Be ever more mindful of the idiots on the road that do not prescribe to the aforementioned way of thinking. Most of all, take care of yourself out there because no one else will.

Peace.

The One

No comments: