Friday, December 01, 2006

*&$%&*%^*(&%^(&*%

The title pretty much sums up this latest moving experience for the A******* family. It was too little time. It was much crap to move. It was too little sleep. it was too much stress. It was too little planning. It was too much planning. It was too little relying on friends and family. It was way too much money on movers. it was simply one of the most gawd-awful, draining, stressful, PITA, necessary but oh so loathful experiences in my life.

When next we move (two years from now unless we somehow buy this place from the owner), we will simply save enough money to hand the company the keys, have them pack, move and unpack us while we enjoy ourselves somewhere else on this planet. We moved from one awkwardly shaped home to a better, different awkwardly shaped home. It took the movers forever to remove our shite from the old place and forever to get it in and placed in the new one. AND this is with having assorted friends and family having help us move a shitload of stuff last weekend already. I new we had a lot of shit but DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!

As my newphew, Hammy, puts it: Ajax will never have seen a garage sale of this kind ever! We have electronics, clothes, crafts. the usual and the unusual that will be put up. I have about a week of shredding documents I simply could not just throw out. We also have at least a days work of clearing the last remnants out of the old place before saying goodbye forever.

We will definitely miss the old place. how could one not miss a prime lot, lower Scarborough, 77x210ft with a deck the width of the house? oh yeah, easily when the roof leafs, the basement leaks, the garage leaks, we need more space, it was always cold because the heat leaks, the plumbing and electrical is crap and it has enough creatures roaming through it to start a sideshow. Sigh. It was our home and we are going to miss it.

Our new adventure begins today in Ajax though and we are really looking forward to it. Already i am making new acquaintances at the local Crappy Tire which I am sure will come in handy someday. I will be doing so at the Home Depot, Walmart, Future Shop, Best Buy, Costco, and Chapters. Just browsing honey... honest.

I will try to post some after Dtrini shots at the old place; pre and post cleanup. Right now, I am uber tired but I promise dmy boss to finish some work and it is eight hours past due. Not good so I want to make sure he at least wakes up to work done. :)

Buenos Nochas

1 comment:

Penny said...

I can only imagine how icky this move was.

Having moved not only homes but provinces several times now, I have learned to cull. My rule of thumb is "if I haven't used it in two years and it has no real emotional significance, it's gone."

Perhaps to those who don't move often (Mossy) it sounds cruel, but I cannot stand anymore clutter than I absolutely have to live with.

Lemme know when you want me to come and help cull the herd for the garage sale. :)