Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Funnies: Jokes from the old country.

Submitted by DW
----------------

Jewish Humour


THE ROWING TEAM

Yeshiva University decided to field a rowing team. Unfortunately, they lose race after race. Even though they practice and practice for hours everyday, they never manage to come in any better than dead last. Finally, the team decides to send Morris Fishbein, its captain, to spy on Harvard, the perennial championship team. So Morris schleps off to Cambridge and hides in the bushes next to the Charles River, where he carefully watches the Harvard team at its daily practices.

After a week, Morris returns to Yeshiva. "Well, I figured out their secret," he announces.

"What? Tell us! Tell us!", his team-mates shout.

"We should have only one guy yelling. The other eight should row."

===========================================

THE FLIGHT

It was mealtime during a flight on El-Al. "Would you like dinner?" the flight attendant asked Moishe, seated in front.

"What are my choices?" Moishe asked

"Yes or no," she replied.

========================================

AT THE SHUL

A Rabbi was opening his mail one morning. Taking a single sheet of paper from an envelope he found written on it only one word: "shmuck".

At the next Friday night service, the rabbi announced, "I have known many people who have written letters and forgot to sign their names, but this week I received a letter from someone who signed his name.... and forgot to write a letter."

========================================

PHILANTHROPY

A visitor to Israel attended a recital and concert at the Moscovitz Auditorium. He was quite impressed with the architecture and the acoustics. He inquired of the tour guide, "Is this magnificent auditorium named after Chaim Moscovitz, the famous Talmudic scholar?"

"No," replied the guide. "It is named after Sam Moscovitz, the writer."

"Never heard of him. What did he write?"

"A cheque," replied the guide.

======================================

WORDS

A husband looking through the paper came upon a study that said women use more words than men. Excited to prove to his wife his long-held contention that women in general, and his wife in particular, talked too much, he showed her the study results, which stated:

"Men use about 15,000 words per day, but women use 30,000."

His wife thought awhile, then finally she said to her husband, "That's because we have to repeat everything we say."

The husband said, "What?"

=====================================

THE DIFFERENCES

The Italian says, "I'm tired and thirsty. I must have wine."

The Frenchman says, "I'm tired and thirsty. I must have cognac."

The Russian says, "I'm tired and thirsty. I must have vodka."

The German says, "I'm tired and thirsty. I must have beer."

The Mexican says, "I'm tired and thirsty. I must have tequila."

The Jew says, "I'm tired and thirsty. I must have diabetes."

1 comment:

wizdom said...

So a Jewish son calls his mom...

"Hello"

"hello son"

"mom??? why do you sound like that?"

"oy, I haven't eaten in 5 weeks."

"In 5 weeks, mom what are you doing this for?"

"well, I didn't want to be rude and have food in my mouth when you finally called..."

***

I swear it was my boss (yes he's jewish)