Friday, September 21, 2007

Food for Thought: Think Progress » Bush inartfully suggests Saddam killed Mandela.

Right off the bat, I will be honest in saying that I have zero love for George W. Bush. I don't care about all the history, draft-dodging, privilege, oil or anything else that has been said about him. The simple fact is he is NOT supposed to be president but thanks to the laughable system used in America and the coincidental good fortune he observed in a stated that this brother runs, here we are. Every time this goof ball makes a verbal gaff in the public eye, he diminishes all that the Western world supposedly accomplished above all those poor little countries that don't have as much. I will bet you that the poorest child in Africa that has been taught to speak English can articulate his or her thoughts in a more concise manner than this silver-spoon fed boob.

So, imagine my shock while watching The Daily Show with Jon Stewart a little while ago (1PM Eastern) and heard Bush's latest pearl of wisdom. I read over what he said and I understand inflection and nuance quite well so I know what he was "trying" to say but the fact remains that what he said and how he mumbled/bumbled it out had everyone's attention wondering what the hell was he smoking, sniffing and/or drinking. Seriously, rather than a pearl of wisdom, Bush looked more like he was wearing a "pearl necklace" (Google that one for an alternate meaning). Much like some people I work with, Bush should not be allowed to speak in public or to the public. Make the hard decisions, decide on world policy, rule the world... just do it in the privacy of your own closet in the White House.

Peace.

Think Progress » Bush inartfully suggests Saddam killed Mandela.

No comments: