Thursday, September 01, 2005

I may have to kill it.

I lie here awake, with lots of things to do. Currently, I am watching a stupid cat for its next move,

I'm in Montreal; well, actually, I am outside of Montreal in Vaudreuil-Dorion after having spent a few days in Hudson. All these places are in Quebec, about 20-30 mins from the Ontario border. Anyhow, during the rain blitz, while waiting for our friend (my Goddaughter's mother) to come downstairs from her work, TR's front wipers decided to give up the ghost. Of course it had to do so during a rainstorm; when else would it choose to do it I wonder.

On top of that, the Mac mini I brought with me in the hopes of finishing the video editing on my friend's sister's wedding footage that I shot will not automatically change it's current resolution (1600x1200) as it was set for my monster CRT at home. So, I have to figure out how to get it to change that.

Add to that, a personal matter or two that will require some extreme funds in the neighbourhood of 10+Gs for one and a bunch more for the other weighs heavily on the "wish I had done that" category of my life. Filter in a brewing family crisis as personal belief strongholds continue to be tested and strains otherwise very strong relationships. Sometimes we need to stir the pot and sometimes we just need to let sleeping dogs lie. My family, including myself, has yet to figure out which should be done when.

There is always the work situation. I love my job as it affords me the freedom to work from home very often. My co-workers and bosses trust my judgment and opinion as I have little fear in expressing and exercising either. That said, I am a little bored with what I do because it is no longer hands on in IT and involves a lot of babysitting. Since, as you all know, I hate people, it can be hard at times since I am always engaged with silly little shits who truly believe their self-imposed importance has any sway with me in any realm of reality. I often sit back and let time pass as I watch them finally figure out the problem was the schmuck that reported it in the first place. I love the people I work with, especially in the summer time, but the day I can take the "work" part out of the equation will be a happy day indeed.

TC is going to high school on Tuesday. It is a bittersweet day for us as it means that she is growing up and will start to experience all the things we have warned her about and all the things we have told her to look forward to. Tuesday will be the start of the chapter in her life which will bring her closer to leaving us one day. One day closer to being an independent, adult, intelligent woman. God help the guy who tries to enter this family.

As I mentioned earlier, we spent a few days in Hudson at some friends of ours. They have almost the ideal place. Decent amount of land, not a subdivision, decent house with huge potential for expansion and more, a nice mix of deciduous and evergreen forest surrounding them on their lot. So, what is the problem you ask? I can still see the neighbours and they share the street. I prefer the possibilities afforded our other friends who live on Amherst Island. We could get a lot of land there for under 600Gs and it includes over 800 feet of water frontage and 88+ acres of land. The neighbours are not in voice calling distance and may have to navigate through sheep and deer to bother us. Heaven! The problem on the island is no available broadband service as yet. Over a year has passed and it does not look any closer to happening. We would easily consider moving out of Guntown,ON (the city formerly known as the T-dot) if we could find a suitable school for TC and suitable work for DW and myself. I'd love to become fluent in French, even if by necessity. Nothing better than properly cussing people in their own language.

There will be a Bride Killer reunion gathering held near the end of the month. Details to follow.

My ankles are swollen from multiple bites and my consistent scratching. No strange symptoms so I don't think I got any local West Nile. Little bastards are going to pay.

Damn, I'm fat!

Our prayers go to the families affected by the recent hurricane that devastated New Orleans and the other southern states. That devastation is absolutely unreal and hard to fathom. Nature reminds us that whatever we can build, no matter where we can build it, she can break it down in mere moments.

I'll post some trip pix soon.

Oh, I am officially on vacation now. It was supposed to be on Monday but some necessary work required my personal handling so I will officially begin it today. Technology allowed me to still be way out here but able to do things as if i was sitting in the dungeon in Markham. Suhweet.

It's been a while. I miss you guys. i will read and comment on your blogs shortly. I also have some hot and controversial topics to deal with here. I am even going to attempt my 100 list finally.

Gas. Is. a buck thirty-four. Per litre?!?!? It would now cost me a brown bill plus a green one to fill the tank on TR. I would have to work a full day to fill my tank. Not because the oil dried up. Not because a tanker sank. Not because a field blew up. Nope, the gas price jumped twenty cents because it rained heavily in the south.

So, on to what prompted my post title. I was sitting in the sofa bed, DW lost asleep beside me and the house cat was sitting across from me in the next room watching me. This was the end result of me constantly chasing it upstairs so that it stayed away from us, but especially DW who is allergic. Well, the damn thing chose to remind us why we would never get a cat and cannot understand people who insist on bringing the little bastards indoors. It finally makes its way past me, as I gave up, and lodges itself under the sofa bed pullout section, which was pulled out and had DW sleeping on it. So, after I coaxed it from under there (with a large Case Logic CD case), it sits outside the doorway watching me watching it. Eventually, it comes back in as I lay down with the laptop on my lap. It decides to go through the room, sniffing and clawing at every single thing in the room that we brought in. I mean every frickin item it touched almost. When did the ^*&%^&^* Customs people start employing ^&^%(*&^ cats?!?!?

I just sat there with the glow of the laptop on my face watching it make its rounds. I was was watching it carefully, for if it hopped onto the sofabed, or worse for it, onto DW, I may have had to kill it. Lucky for it, all it did was scratch at the blanket covering DW before making its way to the laptop bags and then heading back into the other room to hunt spiders or something and then, finally, finding its ass back upstairs.

Let me just say this. If it comes back downstairs. If it comes back into the room. If it dared to touch either of us while we slept.

I may have to kill it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say consequences be damned...

KILL IT

Glad to see a new blog entry.
I was beginning to think the blog was dead.

$120 for GAS????
It took $21 to fill my smart car this morining. :-)

Famine
"smart driver"

Anonymous said...

I heard Ottawa hit 1.48/litre on Wednesday. Me? I pay nothing for gas (gotta love two wheels).

Hey D, where in Hudson are you? I'm arriving there today to visit the parental unit. (near the golf course).

Mossy Stone said...

This will get worse before it gets better.

Dtrini said...

I was at the border of Hudson and St. Lazare, exit 22 area.

As for getting works, how does $1.49/litre regular strike you?