Friday, September 16, 2005

TC Update

It just keeps coming today. Hee hee.

So TC just arrived home from high school and says she needs to speak to me about something. I braced for the next "adventure" in teenagehood. Instead, I had to hold my extreme laughter as she carried on about how my little "introduction" at the parent meeting on Wednesday has turned into a groundswell of recognition.

Apparently, something on the order of fifteen students, all of which were previously unknown, have come up to ask her if she was the daughter of the parent that embarrassed the principal and her at the meeting the other night. Even when she answers no, they say they know it is her. She has been told many times that she won't be able to get away with anything now. That she will have to endure four years of this and how is she to survive. That they cannot believe I did this to her. And then, something happened to make me smile wider.

The principal spoke to her and told her what a polite father she had and how I surprised the folks at the meeting with what I said. Then the principal pointed out that she had to speak at the assembly and tell everyone her origins and how she came to the school. So, she tells TC that she may be mentioning her time at my old high school where she was a librarian. And, in doing so, she may choose to mention our last name and how a former student's child is now under her care and expects all the heads to snap around to TC when they realize who she is. TC begged that she not do this and the principal simply said she will have to see. She then spoke to the VPs and they said they will remember her as well. Of course, TC is aghast now and pleading with them. The principal points at TC and tells the two VPs, "I think my work here is done." I love this school.

Now, another thing the principal did, which makes my work here done, is to tell TC to ensure that she never finds herself in the office to see her. I reminded TC that due to my "special" relationship with the principal, I'll know everything that is going on and it will be the full facts. She is now known so that should also give her some comfort and protection because it is the ones that are unknown that tend to get picked on. TC said that a grade 12 (which we know almost never talks to minor niners) knew who she was. Excellent.

So, my work here is done. And you know, whomever said that being able to do to your own kids what your parents did to you (well, the fun stuff anyhow) will be satisfying was oh so right. :) I cannot wait until fundraisers and assemblies and sports. I am going to have a ball!!

Ciao.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...put a smile on my face ... but it got even bigger one when I thought of the first boyfriend coming to the door to pick the child up for her first date.... could only think of the scene from Bad Boys (I think it was that one, may have been BB II)....

Dtrini said...

It was Bad Boys II and I would have to coordinate with her uncle who does carry a gun for work. Hmmm, maybe squirt gun replicas. Ah hell, the parents won't have a sense of humoour about the whole thing. :)