Monday, January 02, 2006

Welcome to the New Year

Happy New Year everyone. I hope that you and your family made it safely into 2006. Ours did so and we are taking the view that this is the year of change. This will be in many ways; health, attitude, commitment. We need to change how we have been doing thing in order to get more and to enjoy more out of life. Specific to me, I finally understand how someone becomes obese and I am scared that I am on that track so I am making the commitment to take my baby steps to change my habits of eating, change my sedentary lifestyle and to be a better example for TC to follow. DW is very unhappy with her current state and I will help her in every way that I can. TC is not happy herself either but is being destructive in her endeavour to change so we must show her the road is possible. We watch NBC's The Biggest Loser and it hits home that we want to be around to see TC's family grow up so we need to get healthier now.

On the work front, I am not sure what DW can do because her environement is a bit more static than most. On my side, however, I can basically veer off in many directions and a colleague and friend would very much like me to join her team because she a) believes that I can do the job and b) knows that she would be able to trust me to do it and c) I have a sense of humour that is twisted enough for that group. So, I am going to start my studying in earnest of the various networking technologies and the world of Cisco and shadow apprentcing with this group so that I can move from yelling at stupid people to cutting off, er, I mean providing access for these stupid people. :)

Anyhow, this is going to be an interesting year because we intend to make it one. See you int he funny pages. :)

Peace.

No comments: