Friday, September 15, 2006

Fraud and Scam Sightings & Locations - Canada - SCAM SHIELD - An organization protecting citizens against scams and fraud schemes through advocacy and

My dear wife, gotta love the woman, thought it would be nice to show me an ad on the Kijiji website. If you are unfamiliar with that site, don't be alarmed as not a lot of people I know know about it. We ran across it whilst looking for a new house to rent. It is a free classified ad site and when things are free, there will be asshole people trying to take advantage of other people.

Take for instance this TWIT and his seemingly decent speakers. As once who prides himself on not necessarily being an audiophile but dreaming of the day when he can truly afford the resources to become one, the specifications and shpeel immediately set off bells. So, I went to trusty Google to look up the real cost of these speakers and what they are capable of and I got the hit on this site first showing how many scammers try to sell them off.

I went back to Kijiji and reported it as a fraudulent ad. Now, if I can only convince my lovely, generous, kind, loving wife to keep those happyhappyjoyjoy feelings and allow me to get something ELSE of equal or slightly greater value. :)

Ciao.

Fraud and Scam Sightings & Locations - Canada - SCAM SHIELD - An organization protecting citizens against scams and fraud schemes through advocacy and information

No comments: