Saturday, January 01, 2005

I'm so glad we had this time, together... (part deux)

OK, so the last post was lame as I was simply trying to post my last post of the year before midnight; I succeeded by a slim margin.

A simple year in review is in order, I suppose. As much as I would like to say f**k it all, I cannot as this year has brought as much positive to my life as it has negative.

The negatives cannot really be posted here in detail, but I will try to summarize. 2004 brought about the end of the gravy train (otherwise known as contract work). The change of government brought a crashing halt to an otherwise lucrative and fulfilling career; now it is simply fulfilling. :) Justice is an interesting topic depending on what side of the spectrum that you are viewing it from. Things are WAY too easy for people these days. Once upon a time, one actually had consideration that one's actions had a direct affect on others. Now, no one seems to care about that. For a civilized country, we still have a lot to learn.

Choice. Freedom. People have died for this and continue to die in the name of it. Yet, it continues to be taken for granted, used and abused. Some choices people make are highly questionable and they, again, fail to take into account how that affects those around them.

Money. Nuff said! :-)

So, what are the positives? Well, in case you were living under some kind of rock, you heard that I got married. I will post a picture or two above (maybe I will start a separate photolog as well). I will gush over my new bride and partner for life later. Suffice it to say that she has made me a very happy man and enriched my mundane little life immensely (i.e. The Film Festival and the THEATRE). We honeymooned in St. Martin/Sint Maarten and will be trying to go back there with a few friends for our first anniversary. Come on along, the more the merrier.

Employment is always a positive; it definitely good be a whole different ballgame otherwise. I love the people I work with and I love the project that I am working on. It will benefit us all in the very near future.

2004, as you can already see in earlier picture posts, also brought me a new nephew, Matthew. He is being Christened on the 9th of this month. That holds a busy weekend for us as we are hosting the first poker and dinner and was supposed to go for brunch downtown by mum (but had to cancel due to the conflict with the Christening). 2005 is definitely starting off with a bang!

Our niece in Chicago had a wonderful Bat Mitzvah that we were able to attend at Thanksgiving. I learned a whole lot, met a bunch more family and really enjoyed myself. Of course, more picture will be posted of that too (I guess I really do need a photolog site). Mazel Tov Becca!

Good health. Good family. Good friends. Good job. With everything else going on in the world, how the hell can I complain? I cannot. I can simply say that some parts of last year were utterly non-memorable, but ultimately unforgettable. And THAT, my friends, is life.

Peace and good health and fortune to you all. Do not just have life, LIVE life and enjoy it while you can.

Moi




No comments: