Thursday, January 27, 2005

It's not easy...

Ok, I admit that the idea of coming up with daily useful or interesting posts can be a challenge. I think I would rather be spotty in my posts that just dumping crap up here all the time. And yes, I know I have still not started posting my Friday morning funnies. I promise to do that this week. Anyhow, on to one of my favourite ongoing posts, Today's Idiot.

Today's Idiot:
Actually, it is a full group of them today. I'm no prude, trust me on this, and I am open to bending, twisting and (when necessary) blowing the rules to hell. However, I try to refrain from doing so when it will harm others. Believe me when I say that making a right turn against the red light facing you is a recipe for harming others. In my 32 minute drive to work this morning in rush hour traffic (I L-O-V-E working in Markham), I noticed at almost every light, this rather stupid habit that people have developed. The mentality goes that even though I am at a full red, for several seconds, as long as they have not moved yet, or it seems like my quick car may be able to squeeze around the snow covered corner faster than they can converge on me, then I should go ahead and make the turn.

Ok, simple facts here folks; IT IS ILLEGAL. You cannot make a right turn on a red WITHOUT coming to a full stop first. And no, those lovely wussified, rolling stops that SOME people like to make do not count as a FULL stop. A full stop means that all wheels on the vehicle cease and desist that little rolling activity there were previously engaged in. At that time, providing that it is safe to do so, one may continue through to the right and merge with traffic. In case it slips one's mind, this also applies to unbarricaded railway crossings and those cute little red octagons (they say STOP for us and something like Arrete for the frogs).

Someone is going to get my Roo-bar suppository one day and I am going to make sure that when that day's idiot makes that stupid mistake, I will "slip" on the gas. :)


No comments: