Monday, January 24, 2005

Never underestimate the power of the cell phone.

Today's Idiot:

So, I am on my way to work this morning. I am travelling North on University having come up from the Lakeshore via the Skydome. As I am about to cross King, this dumbass from Royal Taxi decides his day is more important so he drives through the red to make a right into my path. I lay on the horn and not only does he not acknowledge me, he slows down behind the traffic in front so that he may fiddle with paper and other crap on the front seat.

So, in my own Dtrini way, do you think I a) sped up in front of him and slammed on the brakes, b) lay on the horn some more to try to get his attention or c) pass by slowly giving him the finger and cursing him through a closed vehicle? Surprise, I did none of the above.

I simply called Royal Taxi (thanks for displaying the number so clearly on top folks) and I reported his ass to the dispatching supervisor (car 2702 in case you want a piece of him or want to avoid the car like the plague). You see, Taxi companies like calls to dispatch cars, not complain about them. I truly believe that if you emphatically make your case, whilst remaining in control and polite, it gets the point across very well.

To wit, I once had a cabbie pulled off the road after witnessing that dumbass driving down the shoulder of the 401, nearly sideswiping one vehicle as he got onto the Yonge Street ramp and then cutting off a lady in a Black Jetta when he started proceeding North on Yonge. i got up behind him, passing my intended street so that I could get his info. I then called the Taxi company saying that my next call was to the police to report his reckless driving. So, unless they wanted to be in trouble, they will get this maniac off the road NOW!

Ah, yes, I may not be The Donald or Sir Richard but I know where my power lies. Idiot taxi cab drivers beware.

Oh, maybe I will tell you all one day about the time I did block off a taxi on Adelaide and proceeded to try to "persuade" him to leave his vehicle so I could properly kick his ass.

Then again, maybe not. :)

No comments: