Thursday, October 27, 2005

It's time.

One hundred (or so) things about Dtrini. Make sure to check out all the links. Enjoy.

1. I was born in Port of Spain, Trinidad W.I. in 1968.
2. I moved to Canada in October of 1970.
3. I have lived in the Scarborough area in some capacity for over 30 years.
4. North York and Markham are the only other two places (both in the GTA) I have ever lived.
5. I am scared to move out of the GTA.
6. Due to the increasing violence, I am scared for my family to stay living here.
7. I have been married twice.
8. The first one does not really count; I should not have gotten married.
9. I have one child at the moment, TC, from my first marriage.
10. TC is the one good thing that came out of that union; not much else did.
11. I loved my first wife. She loved the idea.
12. I love my current and last wife, DW. She is my equal, my best friend, my partner. She puts up with my shit when no one else would.
13. She told me to write that. :) Nah, it is simply the truth.
14. We do not have kids of our own yet, but we are trying.
15. TC calls DW "mum".
16. DW is eight years older than me.
17. I am twenty three years older than our daughter and five years older than LB.
18. I have two other siblings; a brother and a sister.
19. They are nine and eight years older than me, respectively.
20. I rarely see or speak to my older brother anymore (not by my choice).
21. I never speak to my sister anymore (my choice).
22. I have not said a civil word to my mother in over seven years.
23. I have two nephews, three nieces and an overabundance of cousins.
24. I speak to one nephew (the soccer star) and a couple of cousins; the rest can find a comfy spot in Hades.
25. I have lots of family in Trinidad. I have not met a lot of them. I really only keep in contact with one cousin regularly.
26. Fat chance any of those situations will change any time soon.
27. I am a geek. Computers, movies, music, cars, useless facts.
28. At my desk in the basement, there are typically three systems on; this one, one that acts as one of our PVRs and my work laptop (connected via a docking station).
29. DW is not far off; that is why I married her.
30. On the bar in the basement, there is a Compaq quad-CPU server sitting on it.
31. It is &^%(&^ loud when it is turned on; think Cessna.
32. I like toys.
33. I live way above my means.
34. I am in debt.
35. I care, but I do not. I want to enjoy life and what it has to offer.
36. I am getting out of debt to make a better future for my family.
37. I care.
38. One of my favourite colours used to be orange. I am not sure anymore about that one.
39. Typically my clothes tend to be black or white.
40. That matches my view on things and life. It is or it is not.
41. Not everyone agrees with that.
42. I get into many arguments.
43. I win most times.
44. I do not argue if I do not think AND believe that I am right.
45. I can concede and admit when I am wrong.
46. That is a rare event. :)
47. I miss my family.
48. My father has diabetes, high blood pressure and kidney problems (caused by a bleeding ulcer he never took care of early enough).
49. I do not intend to be as stubborn as he is. I scheduled my annual for November.
50. Our birthdays are four days apart in May. Taureans.
51. We got into many arguments.
52. I make him listen now.
53. I went through a bitter divorce and custody battle.
54. I lost.
55. Actually, I conceded to the way the law works (slanted as it is against men) to save TC from harm.
56. Her mother found a way to mentally and emotionally harm her anyhow.
57. DW and I are trying to fix that.
58. We are all happy together here.
59. We play the lottery regularly.
60. We want that 40 million tonight.
61. We would move to St. Martin after TC graduated from high school.
62. DW wants to open a bagel shop there.
63. I want to drink and eat lots of seafood.
64. We are going to make it happen regardless of our Freedom 6/49 plan.
65. I am a major pack rat.
66. I mainly have paper, parts and books collected.
67. I love DVDs; the library is 1200+ and growing.
68. I would sell the collection to buy our first house.
69. I hate renting.
70. I hate apartments.
71. I love socializing.
72. I hate people.
73. My dream house has no neighbours closer than the horizon in any direction.
74. I would buy an island.
75. I want to learn to fly; planes and helicopters.
76. I used to be a plane and helicopter fanatic.
77. I am afraid of heights.
78. I love speed.
79. I have broken the law and have been punished.
80. I have broken a commandment and have been punished.
81. I am Roman Catholic.
82. I do not practice my faith.
83. I was molested as a youth.
84. It was by a priest.
85. He was not catholic; Spiritual Baptist.
86. I would wring the spirit out of his ass if I saw him today.
87. My mother has never heard this. It would kill her.
88. Sometimes I am tempted to tell her out of spite. She got me involved in that church.
89. I love my mother.
90. I hate my mother.
91. I love and hate myself.
92. I used to be an adult educator (teacher).
93. I love to teach.
94. I used to want to go back to my old high school to teach there.
95. I kind of still want to.
96. I love my job.
97. I hate the politics of government work.
98. I love the people I work with.
99. I cannot comment on the people I work for.
100. I have run out of numbers but not factoids about me. I will need another list.


Note: Not a single apostrophe was harmed in the making of this list.

Peace and goodnight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And we love your for all 100+ of your facts about you. :D

Penny said...

Love the list, Dtrini. Now I really want to sit down with you and see if we can't get serious and chat about our pasts - and our futures. Make room on that island for me, k?

Dtrini said...

Thanks MsM. There are some facts people just would not want to know though. ;-)

PS, we are both such jovial souls (when i am not hating people) that I would find it hard to sit down with you and be serious when there is so much fun to be had. That said, I would at least make the attempt. And there will always be a room open. :)