Monday, March 05, 2007

Bend over Ted!

We have a love-hate-hate-hate relationship with Rogers Communications. From the first time they offered their broadband service, we had been loyal customers. We added IPs, we upgraded service, we suffered through and stuck around for absurd outages and all manner of email tomfoolery.

When we moved, we not only moved the service, we added a digital terminal to drive our big screen. We timeshifted, watch the movies, got frustrated with Rogers-On-Demand and suffered with wiring issues that would make Edison cringe. We endure servers being hit by lightning, fibre being bug up by construction, DNS and mail servers biting the dust and more.

When we moved this last time in December, I decided to up the ante again by giving their Rogers Home Phone a try, adding an HD-PVR because a friend said it was like crack once you use it (the PVR, not actual crack, sheesh); naturally we still have Internet with them as well. The Internet has had a couple of disruptions but our area is still under construction so I won't get crazy on that. The Home Phone I must say has been rock solid and, knocking on wood, has nto had a burp since installation. The TV has had some suttering issues that I attribute to the weather as I have not tracked them closely to the conditions. I will keep an eye on that. Also, due to the PVR only having a 160GB IDE drive in it apparently, I added a Maxtor 500GB SATA in a Vantec eSATA/USB2.0 enclosure. We went from 89% full to 20% capacity. I can now tape all of DW's shows without her having to miss anything while she is away. But not everything from Rogers is sugary sweet and acceptable.

TC has a $100 phone card (it's a virtual one as they just printed a paper receipt) that was to give her unlimited text messaging for a year, service for a year and the $100 for extra service and/or phone usage. Well due to various circumstances, she did not activate until this year. And the bottom fell out. Not only did they claim they never heard of the promotion, when I spoke to them because they thought they could bully a little girl around, buddy got abrasive with me so I shut his ass down and asked for a supervisor. The prick then hung up on me. I called back and asked that it be recorded in the ticket the extreme level of displeasure I was experiencing, the audacity of a person to hang up on a customer with no reason and the refusal of the "busy" supervisors to speak to me. The young lady on the phone told me that someone would call me in 24-48 hrs.

Over a week later, TC's phone stops completely. They have not called. They say she has 3 cents left on the card. They claim she made phone calls, made web sessions and texted the $100 off the card. When she reminded the woman that the card had 30 days unlimited texting, the response was we were past our thirty days (the card was only activated 2.5 weeks ago). She said the best she could do was put $60 back on the card for her use. When TC asked what happened to the other $40, she was told it was used in web charges. TC told her that she texted, and called me one or twice, that was it. What web charges?!? The woman was adamant that she used the web to the tune of $40 so she could do nothing. I let TC handle it as best she could because she needs to learn when to raise her voice, when to be sugary sweet and when to plant a firm Trini foot in some ass. So, I let it be because my daughter needed her phone to work. However...

I am off for a few days this week and I will be picking TC up after school one day and going straight over to the main Rogers location at Yonge and York Mills. Once there, I want to speak to the manager of the supervisors for support or to someone of similar stature. I will make it VERY clear that I am not pleased with the brush-off my daughter received, the appalling treatment I received, the lack of a call back after a week's time even though TWO people said we would get one, and the broken promise of a bought service that the people supporting it seem painfully, blissfully ignorant to. I wish I could find the original ad that asswipe asked me to fax him. When I asked him why he expects me to ask HIS store to fax him HIS ad, he got all huffy. I will accept that at the worst, the unlimited was only for the first month and then it was only incoming texts that were free; I don't think I would have spent my good money like that but I will accept that I could have made a mistake. However, when talking to asswipe, and his successors, NONE fo them mentioned that the service works like that. They were too busy trying to prove me wrong and to send me on my way.

NOT THIS TRINI, BEYATCHES!!!!

So, when I speak to him or her at the main office, and they start to spin doctor and push it back on to me, I will remind them of all the services (phone, Internet, television, mobile) that I am more than willing of going through the pain to cancel and use their competitor's product AND to ensure that everyone that reads my blog, that I associate with and that I deal with knows about it. At worst, they intend to do nothing and brush me off to say, "Go ahead, switch!" then I will be off to Silverman helps to ensure this is plastered across the most watched news show in the most populated city in Canada.

And then maybe I will buy the domains "whyrogerssucksass.ca and rogerscanbitemedownlow.com and kissmybuttholeted.net" and have a few choice things to say about them while inviting others to chime in as well. I'll even go so far as to create a catchy jingle and do a foolish dance to post on YouTube so that it becomes super popular and embarrasses them more. They have no clue the lengths I will go to make their lives miserable for crossing me and my family. Let them pursue their current path at their peril.

Let me end this post with the immortal words of one of my favourite characters (not owned by Rogers) on CTV's Corner Gas' Oscar: Jackasses!!!!

Ciao!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I know some people think it is Bell, but honestly Rogers is the absolute worst company in the world for customer service.

I despise them with my whole being and can't understand why people give them more business.

I had my latest last straw with them back in November and have been rogers free since December 27th 2006. I am very happy now not to receive any mail from them except invitations to rejoin them as a customer. (NEVER!!!)

I only really had them because when we moved that was the only broadband option available.

Some words of advice for rogers customers.
When your current 2 year or whatever contractual obligation to them expires, DO NOT enter into another.

Ween yourself off of rogers e-mail addresses and web services. I recommend gmail/google. Be prepared so that switching providers will be as pain free as possible.

Shop around big time. I get my TV FTA. and my broadband DSL access costs $29.95 a month. (teksavvy.com)

I also ditched Bell Mobility in favor of PC Mobile prepaid which is saving money and use PC prepaid long distance cards for long distance. $5 buys 116 minutes.

Screw the big guys!! They don't value us and they never will.

Penny said...

Famine, you are totally right.

I refuse to use Rogers - saw a biography on Ted, and that was all it took.

As for Bell...I admit, we have our cellphones with them and our home phone, too.

But only because I've been too damn lazy to switch it all up.

Dtrini, my sweet friend, I only wish I could be there to watch those assholes try to save face when you go Trini all over they're asses!