Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A smattering of this and that.

Spring may be here but I am mired in the winter of my discontent. Ah well, I will bitch and moan later. For now, let me touch upon a few things quickly.

  • Predators need to be punished in such a way that a) it deters the ones not caught, and b) ensures that should the asshole is released one day, he or she will truly think twice about scratching that nasty, disgusting itch of theirs. This week, a father got a whopping THREE years for not only having sex with his own daughter but also giving her gonorrhea. THREE years? With a roof, hot and cold running water, a toilet, a shower, sex, drugs and cable?!?!? Are you f**king kidding me? Tell you what, why don't you ship his ass to Trinidad for three years, notifying the locals of his crimes, and we will ship him back in 2010.
  • In war there are no rules. I truly believe that President Bush was wrong for WHY he went to war and WHY he still wages war, BUT if you are going to do it, DO IT! The enemy throws people out daily to literally die for their cause. Well the leaders who will not die for it themselves do so; guess we are not that different after all. Anyhow, the enemy does not seem bound by "do not torture, no innocents, hit only military targets, be nice" or other such sentiments. OK, we screwed up, we did not understand the rules. With over THREE THOUSAND American soldiers alone killed, can someone start playing with the enemy's rulebook? Ensure a house has the rebels, blow up house. Ensure town is full of rebels, blow up town. Ensure rebels are somewhere in the mountains, eradicate mountain. LIGHT THE F**KER UP!!! Will this escalate the war? It might make some of the other enemies nervous but I would simply give those folks lots of money, lots of assurances, and a promise that if they do not hinder the process of finding the little shits who blew up two nice buildings, we will not worry about playing the game with them too.
  • I saw an article recently about Britain identifying that something like 40-60% of all their heroin comes from Afghanistan. Hmm. Really? You mean you needed to spend money to discover this? Have you tried Googling for the pictures of the poppy plants littering all the fertile valleys in the country? It's the only damn "green" thing growing there so it is really not that hard to find. Every farmer worth his salt is going to grow the shit because it is not only hard to grow anything else, anything else produces a whole lot less money. Of course, the idiots out there would be worried about the poor farmers who are forced to grow the crops for various warlords. Hmmm, did you read the previous bullet? LIGHT THEM UP! When the warlords are toasted, literally, do the same for every growing area in the country. Pure scorched earth policy on this on. If you bleeding hearts want to help, take the billions you will save in healthcare, law enforcement, jails, and burials from the absence of all the heroin addicts and help build the country to export something a little less harmless to the rest of the world.
  • Harper is such a dick!
  • Kids today simply do not get it and I blame the parents, myself included. With the push of technology, it is a fast food, fast life, instant gratification, low tolerance kind of world we built for them and we f**ked them up. Back to the old corporal punishment argument but when you knew a hand would come fast for back talk, you simply did NOT dare do it. When you knew there would be consequences hard enough to hurt, you thought THRICE or MORE before doing it. Now, when a kid walks down a hallway, throws thrash down, gets told to pick it up, complains at home and the parents show up at the school with a lawyer stating that their kid went to school to learn not to be the janitor, we have a serious societal issue. Where the Internet is concerned, knowledge is bliss, is dangerous, is plentiful and is ignored. We used to think we know it all but the difference is back then what we did not know might hurt us. Nowadays, what the kids don't know could kill them, someone they know or everyone they come in contact with. I don't know the answer to this one because the line keeps changing where it wants to sit; strict, lenient, conservative, liberal, open, closed. It used to be so black and white. WHERE DID ALL THIS GREY COME FROM?
  • Love is a funny thing; funny peculiar, not funny ha-ha. My former wife was a self-absorb, controlling, untrusting freak of nature. I thought by leading by example she would see that not all men are dogs and that some of us can be taken at face value. What I learned to my regret was that nothing would enlighten her, she would never believe it and in the end I chose to prove her right just because I was fed up. Well, not exactly. I actually fell into TRUE love. You know, that unconditional , unselfish, soul-wrenching, I cannot wait to experience it again, longing, aching kind of feeling. This popped into my head again last night as DW and I watched that gawd-awful Sanjaya (okay, the boy can sing but he has yet to own up to that talent on the show and should be ass out) and the super hot, better legs, booty and bust than Antonella Barba (cumming to a nudie calendar or movie near you) Ms. Haley. The girl has powerful legs, a nice rack and is pleasant to look at from any angle. What did my DW say when I extolled her various ample virtues? Uhm, she pointed out some of them first. You see, my lovely wife has no hangups, no apprehensions, no worries. Would she ever say to me go screw anything female with two legs as long as you come home? HELL NO. However, she will say to go ahead and enjoy the fantasy knowing that at the end of the day, it is her I choose to curl up next to and keep awake with my snoring (which is very bad due to fatigue these days). It is her feet that I choose to rub and play with while watching TV on the couch. It is her that I want to share good news with first when I hear it. It is her that I keep in near constant contact all day long via MSN and BB messenger and email and phone. AND, this is the key, we do that NOT because we have to, but because we want to and we enjoy each other's company that much. I don't have a wife, I have a life partner and best friend and lover and mother and nurse and cook and goddess and child and everything in between. I willingly would put my life on the line for my child(ren) because that is what I believe in as a parent. I would willingly do that for her because without her, I may as well perish.
  • I hate sappy people. They get on my nerves. :)
  • Did I call Harper a dick? I apologize. I meant to say he was a king-kong-sized phallus!
  • I need to make some changes but as anyone that knows me can attest, I don't do change well. Sigh. That said, I need to do it not only for my family but also for myself. What all those changes are will be revealed through the year as they happen but without making resolutions, going forward is going to be my "Shit or Get off the Pot" quest for life.
  • How does one fill a 500GB drive with TV and then get to watch it all? Dang.
  • Don't you hate when someone says it will be a short post and then you are reading forever before they just shut the hell up already?
Ciao!

No comments: