Monday, November 07, 2005

Liz Taylor in rare public outing

So, I know what you are thinking, and no; I really do not consider this news. I am not here to bash Liz Taylor or any of the wonderful work she has done for the Aids foundation. I am here to question the brown-nosing director of the facility calling her "the Joan of Arc of Aids activism". Oh really?

Hmmm, let me think about that for a second. Joan let an entire French army against the English, was captured during an offensive and was illegally and wrongly sentenced to death and executed.

Liz? Not so much. Applaud her for her efforts, by all means, but those who are canonized by the church, recognized throughout the world for their efforts, have done so with so much less, so little fanfare and without the unnecessary pomp and circumstance. Mother Theresa, Ghandi, loads and loads of unnamed, faceless foreign workers. Easily any of these people are deserving of the highest titles. I am just not convinced in this case... yet.

Peace.

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Liz Taylor in rare public outing

1 comment:

something said...

More like she is the Joan of Arc of Queefs