Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Wow, a politician that listens TO the people.

OK, so maybe not directly TO the people; at least via a third or fourth party they got the message. As the following excerpt from the linked article states:

"The NDP plan would avoid scuppering a first ministers meeting on aboriginal issues set for Nov. 24-25, and would also take into account other opposition parties' reluctance to campaign over the Christmas holidays."

Contrary to the opinion of one of my best friends and colleague, the majority of us simply do not want to waddle in the shit that will be this campaign while we are trying to figure out how we are paying for that new G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip AND still put food on the table for Christmas (or Kwanzaa or Chanukkah) dinner.

I very much welcome an election to finally shut up all the political yapping, but I will be damned if they make one of the more joyous times of the year into a hunt for popularity, a presenting of hypocritical gifts, ass-kissing and all the things that normally go on during an election drive. Oh, wait, I may be confused with what happens during the normally over-commercialized season. My bad.

In any case, I am more than happy to wait till February, where I will proudly stand and vote Liberal once again. If Layton had half of the stones that Bob Rae possessed (his "Rae Days" cut police overtime for gawd's sake, and they carry guns!!!), I might be inclined to think about voting for him. As it is, he still needs some seasoning and I won't put him into office to obtain the experience. That experiment was proven a disaster with Mike Harris' replacement Ernie "Huh?" Eves.

See you at the polls in February. Please bring your best pen (or finger, depending on your location).

Ciao.


CANOE -- CNEWS - Canada: NDP eyes date for toppling Grits

No comments: