Tuesday, November 08, 2005

My Christmas does not include politicians

Let's start off perfectly honest. The Liberals, my beloved Liberals, have totally pooched the place this time. Besides the various patronage scandals (and PUHLEEZE don't get all high and mighty opposition leaders as your parties have many of their own skeletons), and some really stupid mismanagement, this government has still done better than their counterparts. Argue that if you will, but who has been in power since Mulroney bent us over, made us grab our ankles and really gave it all to the country?

I loved Trudeau and I loved Chretien. I know nothing about Martin really and I am not sure if I quite believe in the man yet. That said, I definitely will not be voting for the bastard Bloc, I will not be voting for the wishy-washy NDP and those combo racist assholes of the Conservative (and Reform crossover) deep dish shit bowl of a party will NEVER get my vote.

But let's just deal with the here and now, shall we? On the table right now is the problem surrounding our health system in Canada; arguably, the best of its kind in the world. The problem is simple, money. With every new disease, there is a huge amount of resources needed to track, prepare for, deal with (should it affect us) and recover from any outbreak. Add that to the general aging population and you have a strained system no longer to meet the needs of ALL the people like it used to. So, new avenues of revenue need to be found and regulated properly so that people do not get less service in any regard, but will allow a certain amount of privitization.

With apologies to our cousins to the south, in now way, shape or form do we want the f**ked up system that people have to deal with in the US. However, we need some better form of that model in order to survive into the future. Better we figure it out now, rather than be forced into it in the future driven by necessity or worse, desparation.

For this, NDP leader Jack Layton is willing to topple the minority government and force a holiday season election. Dumb, dumb, DUMB! As a resident of Ontario, I can tell you that I will definitely do my sworn duty and vote, but if I wasn't already a Liberal, I would punish the SOBs that screwed up my holiday season. Trust me when I say that a lot of people feel the same way as I do. They had better listen to the public when we say that we do not want an election right now.

If not, sweet justice will be the Liberals returning to a majority government (very low chance of that) or people bitching and moaning when they realize that they voted in a major prick in Steven Harper and his dipshit lackeys. If they mess they left Ontario in does not show how messed up that party is, then people will never learn.

Hmmm, St. Martin is looking better and better everyday.

Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

uhmmm...
Some of us do want an election right now.
As it only only takes 10 minutes to vote it really doesn't matter if it takes place near the christmas holiday.
It won't be on Christmas day so whats the big deal.


Famine

Dtrini said...

Well, I will, as you know, be the first in line to say I told you so if braindead Harper gets into power. Are the Liberals the best solution? No, not by any means. However, no one will convince me that any of the alternatives will be better in any respect that what we have now. If there was a sempblance of that, I would concede and say go ahead and make the change. Not a chance in hell of that happening with the current crop!