Saturday, July 01, 2006

Camping in the Parks of the St. Lawrence - Long Sault Parkway

I am blogging from a Rogers AirCard (read gutless, slow as ass) wireless connection; but it works so I will stop complaining now. I will complain by the fact that the damn connection constantly drops and recovers but then switches between Rogers and Cingular carriers. Cingular has the stronger signal as well so it poses its own challenges.

Anyhow, it has been raining on and off, fairly hard, since lunch. Our friend cannot take DW and the gang out for boating fun until tomorrow because of the weather. Unfortunately for me, I am on call with my colleague away for two weeks, so no water fun for me. Total suckage.

It has been a while since we have been camping so this was nice. We had to spend a whack load of funds in order to have enough equipment for ourselves though as the last time, our Everett crew supplied what we did not have. So, we now own a Woods cooking top, cooking and eating utensils, and various necessary camping items. Due to the need to work, I had to do the ultimate geek thing; I brought an APC 1500 to help augment my laptop power. Look it up if you are lost on that one. :) Thankfully, B & J have a generator as well so the APC can be recharged. I have been working on the laptop since around 9:30 this morning as I have used the internal battery, the APC, the generator, and now the APC again; not bad at all.

More lightning, thunder and RAIN. The folks are a bit tired of it all. I actually love the rain. I find the sound very soothing and it is better to have the real stuff than the recorded crap those machines play.

This has been a week from hell (I'll post about that another time) so this weekend, even though I have to work, is a welcome diversion from it all. I am going back to my Corona and my Caesar's (yes, BOTH at once) now. I hope to get some nice picture tomorrow. Unfortunately, with all the rain, I could not get any today to post.

Have a happy Canada's Day to one and all.

Ciao.



Camping in the Parks of the St. Lawrence - Long Sault Parkway

No comments: