Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Happy Birthday...

... to me!!!

Yes, my old ass has gotten that much older. I am a semi-healthy 38 today as of just after 5AM. My father called this morning but not at 5AM which he normally does each year; he apologized for this but seeing as I only went to sleep two hours prior, I was grateful.

The day is not different; I am on call, I am going into work for a stupid ass meeting, I am slapping vendors. Sameo sameo.

I received a very nice greeting from my Capitol SIL (nothing from any of my siblings though), greetings from the Pond (who will call later to have the kids sing to me) and TC even remembered to wish me well. A few folks at work have sent greetings (probably because Plaxo reminded them, like it does me for everyone) but not anyone from the poker crew. My good friend KJ did call on Saturday, as she seems to forget every year the exact date. I will call her back today to let her know she did it again. I am such a shit.

And that will never change as long as I own my faculties. It is my one fear of growing old; not death, but of losing coherence with the world and not being able to do for myself. That would be my vision of hell. As we discussed on the weekend, almost makes Logan's Run desirable in a way.

Anyhow, I am going to treat myself to a nice Trini lunch while I can still handle the carbs and get into work for this meeting at 2:30PM.

See ya in the funnies. :)

Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, dtrini!! :) hope you had a wonderful day! :)

Dtrini said...

You have never forgotten my love.

Hey Cricket, thanks. I was with my DW, so it is always a wonderful day. Corny but true.