Wednesday, May 17, 2006

So, another day older

Do I feel different? Not really. I look forward to birthdays actually. Not for the presents, not even so much for the attention (as I don't tend to tell a lot of people anymore). I simply like the knowledge that I breathed for the first time on that day. Powerful stuff.

Sitting watching House with DW last night and Dr. House makes a comment to his boss about her current preference for choice of donor #613 to the effect "oh sure, go with the Jewish number". Now, as I said on DW's blog, I was pretty up on the whole Jewish side of things when I met her, but this was unknown to me. So I turned to my resident expert (who is not much better than me, but that is another post) for guidance. DW thought a moment and then remembered "the 613 Jewish laws". I'm like, "You're kidding. Uhm, your society is a wee bit restrictive, don't you think? WE only have ten commandments." *Chuckle*

On American Idol, the last three remaining had mostly strong showings again last night. My pick for the overall winner of the Idol title is Taylor. My pond-side friend, MTL_Froggie, thinks it will be Katherine. Personally, she should have gone home last week over Chris but America voted and I think a lot of them voted with the little, lower head. Katherine is quite fetching, has a nice set, and (accidentally) flashed her nanny on nation-wide TV; let's face it, she has the guys vote of any age. She wore this short, black dress that sat several inches above the knee at rest, several inches higher when she waved, so I think the hot-blooded guys are going to hope for more skin and vote her into the finals. However, as Simon Cowell is always reminding everyone, this is a singing competition and the person who can sing AND perform the best is Taylor. He should win and barring a total meltdown in sanity, he will win.

I am the first person to find something else to do but what I am supposed to. That said, when it comes to the important things, I am very much there. Thus is my frustration in my job when high priority items go through and the farking boneheads I have to deal with do NOT do there job having me do mine and there's as well (but getting paid only for mine). No amount of complaining seemed to help in the past so I am going to make it more focussed and louder and more frequent. I think they will do something if for nothing else then to shut me the hell up.

Did I mention lately that I hate people?

Anyhow, I am trying to clear up some work, trying to get some stuff done on a friend's laptop for him, and trying to get a couple of things together on our MCE box. Then, I will be able to go and crawl in beside DW for a nice night's rest. What a nice start to the day. :)

Ciao.

No comments: