Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tough fence to be on.

If you have seen the movie "So, I Married An Axe Murderer" (one of the few movies LB and I used to agree on), then you will not understand the quote" "The colonel is evil. He puts chemicals in his chicken to make you crave it fortnightly!"



We grew up on KFC as it was better than greasy McD's (who STILL make the best fries of the franchises) and it was near enough for us kids to ride to and come back. One time, AL and I went out for the chicken and some pop. Riding a ten speed with bags of chicken, fresh bread (no longer on the menu and should be brought back, dammit), and sides, plus bottles of pop, was a recipe for disaster. Well, this one time it finally happened as I was wobbling beside the gas station driveway and moved right to avoid the vehicle coming up behind me when I hit the grate and went over the front handlebars, spreadeagled with all the stuff hitting the road. Thankfully the bottles did not burst open and AL had the chicken so we were safe. We get home and mysteriously my family had left to go God knows where. So, AL and I are sitting on the stoop having just ridden with all this stuff back from Birchmount and Sheppard area. The smell is on our noses, our bellies are grumbling and I am tired from the spill. At a half hour, we decided to eat our share; well, we would start with a "taste" of one piece. By the time my family returned, we had finished the bread except for four pieces, went through half a bucket, downed a 2L of pop, dusted half the large fries and was looking for a way to scoop sides out. They simply went out to get more as we were going to finish what we started anyhow.



So, with that in mind, I really am tired of Ms. Anderson and all these celebs who have sudden enlightenment on the intelligence of the things we eat. If fish were smarter, they would not eat a thing dangling from a plastic thread. If animals that can eat us choose not to and get eaten themselves, well T S! And yes, I know the ones we breed are essentially slaves to our bellies but there has to be a reason that God made us learn how to use fire and make Webbers and make tools to rotisserie on said BBQs. Can the chickens be more humanly killed? Geez, uhm, sure. How humane would you like to die unexpectedly to be eaten? I don't bloody think they care and neither do I. I am not saying to injure the things on purpose and let them suffer. I am saying that dead is dead and as long as it is quick and relatively painless, I am good with that. I am not about to give up my sirloin, my breast or my pork chop to satisfy these nutters (Pink, BEP, tell me it aint so) but I will concede better conditions.



After all, the better shape these animals are in when slaughtered, the better presentation on my plate and taste in my mouth on the way to my belly. Thank PETA for making my food taste better. Much appreciated. Oh yes, I also appreciate the bikinis and naked women that you exploit to garner my attention. PLEASE keep up the good work in showing someone's daughter goodies to me for free while getting your message out. I will absolutely think of that shapely one when eating my breast, that red head when I am chowing down on that thigh and that blond when I am eating pie for dessert.



You know, I don't go around yelling that these folks should slap a ham bone in their mouth every thanksgiving and Christmas, why should I be inundated with their message NOT to do so?



Thoughts?



Moi

Editor's NOTE: Unbelievable but true. I just looked on another page of the site where they had the babes in the bikinis and they actually have a blond, brunette and redhead who match up to my post. Check it out here.



KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) Does Chickens Wrong



powered by performancing firefox

No comments: