Monday, March 27, 2006

Just one of those things.

So, DW, sweet sick soul that she is today (home from work due to a nasty thing she contracted and happily passed on to me in a less devastating form) comes down to the dungeon (basement computer hideaway) and asks which I would like, "Strogganoff or Lasagna."

"Excuse me?"

"Strogganoff or Lasagna", she repeats in this raspy voice that is sort of sounding like Katherine Hepburn in her heydey (which I dig).

I smiled and ask her to say it again, obviously playing with the slight double entendre. DW, knowing me so well, refuses to play along. So, I choose lasagna in the hopes of some strogganoff later on when she feels better. :)

And that would be the good part of the day, besides seeing Rabbit (who broguth timbits and a hot chocolate for me) for the first time in months, eating sushi for lunch at Syogun on Woodbine and generally having a nice day at work.

The bad part of the day is doing my job, which was going swimingly today as I am on secondary, until a P1 ticket that I started dealing with yesterday hit the fan today when a video conference died int he middle at a site, the site started going bonkers about it and our wonderful vendors, the dipshit dipwads that they can be, waste a whole lotta time when clearly told the site is down and needs immediate fixing.

It was so bad that at one point that after telling what is supposed to be a highly intelligent engineer "do whatever the hell you have to in order to fix it", he had the audacity to continue with "So, can we do an intrusive test? If so, we need a release." At which point, it was obvious that I was starting to lose it so I replied, emphatically to Mr. Asshat, "Yes, yes you have a release to take the circuit down now!" Even the other vendor dude was puzzled at which part of my original statement was confusing in its intent. For f**k sakes I hate stupid people.

Anyhow, I am hoep with the wife now. The nephew is popping in this evening and we will watch Deal or No Deal with yet another Canadian export to Hollywood's game show host ranks, Mr. Howie Mandel. Yes, THAT Howie Mandel; most recently seen in a bunch of East Side Mario commercials. He is actually perfectly suited in the role and rumour has it he initally rejected the offer completely but got hooked ont he simply premise and the fact that all ages could play along at home and enjoy it. Good for Howie!

OK, well that is it for today. Maybe I will post a weekend review. Maybe I will get a useful update from the land of the Asshats. We'll see which one comes first.

Ciao.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me thinks you are more sick than you realize. You have the same post twice.

And it's probably a good thing I don't see you guys on Friday. The only kind of sickness I want is a hang over. :p

Anonymous said...

When DW asked you strogganoff or lasagna you should have said "let me order out, you are too sick!" or being the gentleman that you are, make supper for her.

Dtrini said...

MsMittens - Possible. She should be fine by Friday though. Enjoy your night out.

DW - HM has done many commericals for many people.

BT - Obviously a stranger to the house of Assivero, so let me clarify for you. 1)Unlike our friends in the pond, we work through illness here. A limb would have to be missing and only with gangarene will we not continue to work (albeit from home, not infecting others). 2) No one has ever called me a gentleman and meant it (a mensch from time to time but not the G word). 3) When DW says she is doing something,. she is doing it. Next time, feel free to try to change her mind. I will sip a beer and sit back to watch the show.