Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Still have t do my March Break summary but..

had to report on this bugger of a day.

So, I go to sleep this morning around 4:30AM, typical for me, and apparently had a restless sleep. I only remember not being near DW as I seemingly hurled myself to the other side of the bed. Well, it turns out I was shoved/kicked/pursuaded to go there by DW because I was whacking her in the head (a new hobby it seems). So, less than four hours of sleep later, I was up doing some work and getting ready to head to the dentist's office.

This is our new family dentist, Dr. Goren, since my old family dentist is a big a-hole, nancy-ass, girly-man of a gossiping shit; but I digress. Dr. Goren's office is not the ultramodern suites popping up but it is nicely laid out with a very cool staff who remembers my name after only two visits. They make one feel comfortable even when you know you are about to have strange hands running through your mouth. Today was my routine teeth cleaning, an arduous chore of trying to remove over a decade of neglect and build-up. I had always prided myself on the condition of my teeth despite not seeing a dentist. Now, I need to have my wisdom teeth removed to help stop my grinding (nervous habit), wearing of adjacent teeth and to help prevent future complications. I have to get my front tooth refilled because the cheap-ass silver my last dentist used discoloured it (as apparently all dentists know and have made sure their patients have changed it to the new white filling). I have had to have the cleaning done to reduce the bleeding of the gums (much better now). And now, today, I got a new x-ray which revealed the horror of horrors in a front area: I developed a cavity!!

I know you all think this is no big deal as you wear you multiple fillings and crowns and train tracks and everything else as proud badges. For me though this is a major blow to the ego and another clear indication that I stopped taking proper care of myself. I have NEVER EVER had a cavity in my life and this is with my penchant for eating the sweetest of sweet stuff. A &^%*& CAVITY?!?!??! I'm almost forty for goodness sake. This is not supposed to happen now. Sigh. Fine. Filling happens Tuesday.

So, I decide I may head into work directly and I made my way up the DVP. it was nearly lunch time and I had nothing in my system so as to be clean-mouthed for the dentist so I was starving. I popped into Quiznos on Woodbine when I was approached by two white guys in a large white SUV or Pick-up with cab. I mention that they were white because some crazy shit has been happening in the T-dot these days so you cannot be too careful when someone yells out at you (never know when mistaken identity gets your ass capped). Anyhow, these two yahoos are riding around with, supposedly, two full home stereos that they want to get rid of. Again, lots of stuff going on and I aint getting caught in stuff I am not sure about so I politely declined stating that I was covered (which they acknowledged as they commented on TR as I walked away from her) and they drove off. Hell, it is not even summertime yet and the rolling selling wagons are out and about.

I thought it was a strange enough day so I took my regular-sized, toasted, prime-rib sub and chocolate milk back home and continued to work from there. Day is not over yet so let's see what else it has for me. :)

Ciao.

2 comments:

Dtrini said...

Since my LB cannot seem to be be able to handle simpel technology, I am posting his comment here for him:

hahahahahahahaha

I still don't have any... 5 more years and I will own the crown... boo hahahahahahahaha ***said in Vincent Price(y) kind of tone**

I've got better teeth ha.. da da da da ... Da DA

LB

Anonymous said...

:P

I finally got the bloggy thingy to work

LB