Thursday, October 26, 2006

LunaticLandlords.co.uk - Bad landlords - verify the landlord before you rent. Rate good or bad landlords and share your experience

As some of you already know, DW and I returned from Cuba last weekend to a spare room that had the ceiling cave in. I took some photos and we called the landlord to let him know. We are moving at the end of next month so it does not majorly affect us but we are still responsible for the place until we leave. Our landlord is a nice enough guy from Irleand but he is a bit stiff on the wallet (stretched between a real job and four properties plus home) and slow to react to issues. We basically took care of anything the four years we lived here except for major structural issues like power and plumbing and the garage roof leaking (though from the damage it cause, we should have done that one too).

Anyhow, when he came and was speaking to DW, she mentioned that I had taken some digital photos of the damage. He asked her to please make sure I do not post it onto badlandlords.com or some other website. I laughed when I heard this but then wondered if such a place actually existed. That google brought me to this site and I am sure there are many others.

Ciao.

LunaticLandlords.co.uk - Bad landlords - verify the landlord before you rent. Rate good or bad landlords and share your experience

No comments: