Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I'd have to say both.

Our Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition PVR (say that five times fast) is currently sitting off beside me. This is because it was having some slight issues that I thought I would try Service Pack 1 on to see if it would fix them. Oh, it fixed them all right. Permanently. Now, it will boot to the login screen but upon loading everything up, it would either blue screen or freeze up or just die. Ok, I was prepped for this so I installed it from scratch with a disc with SP1 integrated (don't ask how I obtained this, I know people). That sort of fixed things but it is still out of whack, doesn't see all four tuners all the time and crashes frequently. I have to rebuild it from scratch again but this time I won't do any updates until I have all the hardware drivers and such updated. Only then will I look to update the OS and only after I take a clean image so I do not have to do this from scratch again. It all takes so much time and energy, both of which I am sorely lacking these days.

Peace.

PC World - Business Center: Vista SP1: Threat or Menace?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=mythbuntu_804&num=1

There are always alternatives.