Monday, February 21, 2005

Damn you, Dave!

It has been a very long time since snow was high enough to block my doorway. In fact, it was in the late seventies that it last happened to a residence I resided in. Today, there was enough snow that the screen door actually had to push it out of the way in order for someone to get out of the house.

I know, I know. It is the middle of February, it is still winter, I should expect it. And I do, I just really hate the cold that is accompanying the snow these days. Back in my day, it was fun to go outside and into the snow and play for hours before being hauled in for supper. We'd then stand our ice encrusted mitts and boots over the vent in the hopes that they dried by the morning for school.

Now, me and my old ass, hope that the Roo's starter stays operational in these constant sub-zero temperatures so that the vehicle is warm, toasty inside and semi-defrosted before I head out into the tundra.

If I skied (and was taught like a certain SOB promised to do many moons ago), I may look upon this boon of white in a better light and with favourable aspirations of being outside to enjoy. For the moment, I am, just another Scarborough native, looking at the plow pile in front my driveway, seeking revenge.

No comments: