Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Hell House: a Documentary Film

I love Kevin Smith's Dogma because it is not only super funny (if you get all the references and jokes, if not consult your bible), but it is thought provoking in the way that it challenges the blindly excepted parts of faith (which, I know, is in essence needed to be blind and on and on we go in circles). Anyhow, that was funny; this is not.

If ever I have to wonder why I am a non-practicing Roman Catholic/Christian, it is examples like this film. I've always joked that the Inquisition is my favourite time period (Mel Brooks is at fault, loved the nuns), but to see it in real life is unsettling. I saw clips of this and I want to see the movie so I can stay the hell away from these people the next time I am stateside.


Hell House a Documentary Film

No comments: