Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Today's Idiot

Well, today, to prove that I can take as much as I give, we have a bit of a twist. Today, I will (as Ben Stein would say) take on the guise of a lowly contender and become a common idiot.

To the point, even though I posted yesterday something titled "Lessons Learned" I still lost an (admittedly-biased) incredible post that I worked on for some time. My laptop is behaving funny and I have to hit links twice to get it to go sometimes. I tried cleaning off spyware and viruses but there is nothing to clean. I told the wife that I would do a select all and copy BEFORE I hit publish. In the heat of the moment though, triumphant that I had finished my best and most controversial post yet, I hit publish. It said it completed. Then there was an error. Then my world fell apart as two hours of work disappeared.

*SIGH*

Anyhow, as I write this, I am reliving my learned lessons and will be selecting all and copying before I do anything else to the post. I will attempt to search my brain again for the inspiration that hit me last night and will attempt to recreate that magical moment for you. Hopefully, it will seem just as brilliant to you all for the first time. Unfortunately for me, I will have a sense of loss for the brilliance that disappeared on an errant mouse click.

Ciao.

No comments: