Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Today's idiot!

Actually, it is yesterday's idiot but I will add another bright child to the mix. First the bright one from today. Mr. Dumb in the red minivan thought that turning against the red light without stopping, WHILE traffic was in full motion towards him was a good idea. If you did not notice this morning, we had ice-encrusted snow on the ground. To top off this sin, he pulled in front of traffic and did not get up to the speed limit yet! If anyone was closer, they would have taken off the back end of that one-latch POS he was driving.

Now, yesterday was a treat that I see far too often in my travel to and from work. Now, before all you ladies start jumping on my back, understand that if men did the same actions, I would be all over them too; so chill.

Yesterday morning, as I was making my way to the truck in our driveway, I spotted a colourful Volkswagen Beetle coming west along my street. Not unusual, but it caught my eye due to the colour and the fact that it was the convertible model. As it passed, though, something else caught my eye.

It seemed to be a blonde woman, mid-thirties to mid-forties (all that cover-up can do wonders), professionally dressed (office not street), driving down my street. Again, not unusual until you realize what she is doing as an extra activity while driving. Ms. Pro was applying her makeup in the rear-view mirror (must have been an option the salesperson got in).

You may not see this as a grievous act but consider the issue at hand. She was doing this, while operating a motorized vehicle, in a residential area, down a street with speed bumps installed to curb the rush hour racers, during rush hour! Everyone in the suburbs know that there are two unpredictable things you can count on running into the street; kids and pets. And this woman, concentrating on her lips at the time, would have run over and killed either on right in front of me.

Can anyone answer why it is that people cannot take the 2-5 mins necessary to do that at home? Or, if they buy the cheap Zellers stuff and not MAC, why they cannot simply wait to do it in the ladies' washroom at work? It is absolutely unbelievable that people cane be so stupid and careless. Oh yeah, I forgot. Nevermind. Grrrr.

No comments: