Monday, February 07, 2005

The Pariots are a very good team, but...

They are in no way a "Super Power" as some assinine news outlets are calling them. Anyhow, I now owe my daughter a very nice lunch after this fiasco. T.O. was still giving them fits but the offence was not clicking. McNabb was the biggest disappointment as he was stationary most of the night and did not mixed up his throws enough to have their blitzing defence rethink coming after him. Ah well, we will wait till next year I guess.

Staying sports themed right now, let's think abnout what is going to be seen on the sports stations from this point forward; not a whole lot. While this is going to be very good for basketball, normally regulated to the after-the-hockey-anything news, it is not good for the sports fan. Sure, we'll get lots of NBA highlights, some golf and some tennis. It also means a constant drone about why the hockey season had to be cancelled, constant crap about the overpriced baseball happenings and other lesser things we sports fans could really care less about.

As my blurb above states, I am a tried and true Leafs fan. That makes it much harder to say that if they can this season, I will do the same as I did to baseball and boycott the next few seasons. Oh, you are damn right I will go to the game on someone else's dime (free tixkets anyone?) but they will not get a single cent of my money for years to come. Thhsi is bloody ridiculous, ESPECIALLY for a Major League that can ill afford a stoppage.

No comments: