Monday, August 08, 2005

CANOE -- JAM! Television: 'Dr. Phil' gets 5-year extension

Whatever your views on reality TV per se and the various people that appear on them, we all can connect with certain figures that show up daily. Dr. Phil, for me, is one of those people. I know he rings sort of fake or packaged to a lot of folks but I really feel he WANTS to help the people that appear on his show. I would suggest that you look past the one hour daily show and concentrate on the specials that he does.

In the specials are where he shines because he can be as mean as he wants and needs to be and shock the participants awake to deal with the REAL issues that are holding them back in life or poisoning their life. I saw some very revealing things in a show once that forced me to look at things in my own life with a new set of glasses. It rarely is the pretty things that we discover; it is the other stuff that we need to see in a new light.

Anyhow, I like him, have bought a couple of the books and I think he is one of the good things on TV today.

Ciao.

CANOE -- JAM! Television: 'Dr. Phil' gets 5-year extension

No comments: