Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The weekend in review - part four

MONDAY:
Hoo boy. I hate Mondays. This Monday was no exception to the rule.

OK, I will preface it by saying I cannot say most of what made it a sucky day. So, I will do my best to give a summarized, but Utah-ed view of things.

The Ex. I've never really spoken about the Ex before due to the fact that TC sometimes finds her way onto my blog. I try not to put anything inflammatory in here in that manner for obvious reasons. Besides, everything I would have to say on that matter would fill another blog (actually, I have already started that but it will not be made public, again, for obvious reasons). Anyhow, there are essentially only two reasons I ever hear from her; she wants something, or she wants me to do or not do something, both with regards to TC. This morning, she wanted to discuss the reports her misguided and workably senile folks predictably passed on to her. For some semi-intelligent people, this trio are a reality upon themselves. Unfortunately, I received some startling revelations in this conversation and had to defer it to be continued at 9PM when TC was home and present.

LB. Poor soul. Him and his wife have had to face some hard realities in the last few years; realities I have to point out that I said existed but he railed against the machine. Now, selfishly and shallowly, I get to say "I told you so!" Hee hee. Seriously, I wish that I could protect him from such things but he has his own little one that he needs to concentrate on and he needs to stop certain legacies from tainting the child. Considering many things, he and I turned out frickin' decent if I may say so myself. Anyhow, they brought a family member visiting from England and the son of a family friend. The girl was your typical teenager but respectful and well mannered. The boy was a royal PITA; he never heard a conversation that he did not want to butt into, he had a screwed up prospect on how to succeed (be a hustler and a pimp), he believed he lived in a ghetto (in *&^%*&^ Ottawa?!?!?) and he just would not shut up or stop getting on people's nerve. We try not to beat other people's children, but this boy was going to have us make the exception. I feel sorry for LB and his wife because they now have no choice but to report on this boy's conduct to their possibly ex-friend. Some people totally have blinders on where their children are concerned. DW and I are glad to say that most of our friends are not in that category and we don't know what we would do in similar circumstances. Well, okay, the boy would have had some solid memories; my head, my hand, my foot.

Today was supposed to be a trip down to Skydome (F@@K ted and his name change!) for the Argos Multicultural Day. MS and PS were to join us but "something" came up with the kiddies away at camp (nudge, nudge, wink, wink). The other folks who were to join us were delayed coming from Kitchener as well. Plus, we were still waiting to hear from TC since we called her three times since 10AM and her friend had yet to answer the messages. We went there and no one was to be found. We got a call shortly after six. Hmmm, more solid memories to share.

TC. TC asked to stay UNTIL Monday but got it into her pretty little head that UNTIL meant sometime in the evening. We had a chat about that and made it clear that it meant home by noon; FOR meant home by curfew. So that was clarifed. Then there were the elements in the mother's morning call. And the bottom fell out. I won't say anymore than that on the subject; it is now an internal and private matter. What I will say is that life is short and precious. If you have kids, give them an extra hug today. If you have someone special, do something for that person unexpected that you know they would appreciate. If you are a recipient of that kindness, recognize the effort and make that person feel the effort was worth it. If none of the above applies to you, then have a virtual hug on me. I appreciate you taking time from your life to share in mine.

Well, that was the weekend in review. I have not even touched on work stuff, stupid people, world issues or other items. Guess a few more posts will be coming in the next few days.

No comments: