Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The weekend in review - part three

SUNDAY:
DW and I were up as usual that morning and we were soon joined by LB. The PITA boy was still upstairs so we could now be brought up on the details from the stories of BC (Beezlebub's Cottage). Wow, what stories. I don't know how they put up with all of that. I am often told that I have the patience of Job, but I also have the intolerance of the southern Georgia when it comes to ignorance. I'd never continue trying with me too stupid to understand what they are doing and missing and hurting. "F@@K THEM!" would be my crying call! Anyhow, that is just be and the Kofi Anon twins are better than I in that regard.

So, the DW makes a wonderful French toast breakfast (have I mentioned lately how much I love this lady?) and shortly afterwards, the PITA boy comes down. Now, I have been around much worse kids, let me say, but typically not for such a sustained period and not one I could not box myself. The child, even when told, even when commanded, does not know when to STFU! Look that up if you really are that clueless to not figure it out. He also has a VERY annoying habit to interject information into conversations he was neither invited into or welcomed to be a part of. What compounds that annoying habit is the revelation every time he opens his mouth that he has no command of any clues that may have entered his brain from one time or another. I could fix this. Give me time, opportunity and seclusion. I could fix this permanently.

So, today was the day for some eating. The annual Scarborough Rotary Ribfest was held in Thompson Park and we took it in before our nephew's semi-pro soccer game. The big winner's from last year, The Purple Pig, were there and the lines were long everywhere. So, we did what we do best; have someone hold the place in line and got beer from the Budweiser BAT (Big Ass Truck); an 18-wheeled behemoth with grills, sinks, and most importantly, cold taps of Bud and Bud Lite. No Issac though. The "sights" were a little scarce and less daring this year though. Cloud cover made it a good ten degrees cooler than last year's outing, thank goodness. Man is that good eating; half rack and chicken combo for me, full rack for DW and shared a pulled pork sandwich. And then we tried a neighbouring booth with a much shorter line. We got pulled pork there for comparison and another chicken and rib combo to have the following day; we got extra chicken as well since it was the last chicken order. The combo was definitely good the following day augmented with some of the bushel of corn I made DW buy for the weekend.

Following Gorge Fest 2005, we headed off to The Soccer Centre in Woodbridge. They were having an Italian festival on the weekend which meant lots of bad music and bad drivers with bad attitudes. Our nephew plays for the Vaughn Shooters and is one of the most sought after midfielders in the league. He is well known by the fans and foes alike. Anyone stupid enough to piss him off on the field with dirty tackling will either get a new bruise, an embarrassing move repeated on them or a goal or three in the back of their net; sometimes when they really pissed him off, he will combine all three. I once watched him beat a guy that tackled him badly minutes before, then stop and wait for the guy to recover to beat him again, before continuing on, draw the keeper out of position and walked the ball across the goal line and into the net before slowly jogging back to his side of the field. Nasty stuff.

After the game, we brought the PITA boy home and sent him off to bed. LB returned the LL (little lad) back to his mother, still stacked out in BC, and then he came back to our place for some needed Alize, TV and rest. We were camped in the basement so we returned there to watch some tube and hit the hay.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok... I demand that french toast recipe! (one of those foods that I will try everywhere just to see what it's like in different parts of wherever).

Dtrini said...

Well, it depends on the person. That's breakfast for THIS person and MAYBE one other. :)

Anonymous said...

Dtrini said...

Well, it depends on the person. That's breakfast for THIS person and MAYBE one other. :)


Indeed. I think that's just breakfast for me (especially after a long ride). Ironmac will have to fend for himself..