Thursday, August 31, 2006

Did I mention that I can be an arrogant prick sometimes?

Or, at the very least, it comes off that way.

Look, tell me that anyone of you do not fight the valiant fight when you know you are right about something. I just happen to do it with a certain whim, a cartain air that pisses people off. Truth be told, depending upon the person and the situation, I relish in pissing that person off as much as I can so I exaggerate the prick-ness even more. Hmm, maybe a topic I best leave to MS and PS.

Anyhow, nothing bugs me more than people in my workplace challneging me on how things are suppose to work and run (otherwise known as processes). See, while the more recent initiative processes may be more vague to me and I readily concede not knowing (or caring) jack schitt about them, it baffles the mind that anyobody but a handful few in this company of mine would dare question my knowledge on established processes.

Why am I so confindent about those you ask? Simple, I helped write them and helped influence the ones that I did not write. Combine that with being one of a handful of the old guard (typical meetings have me as the most senior employee in the room, including my boss) and there is not much in our area that I am not familiar with how it runs. The amount of attempts to try to end run that process is mind-boggling. Then, to add the cherry, they actually want to bitch and moan about my emails and insistence to adherence to the process when it takes so much more time and effort and blah, blah, blah. Cry me a freaking river people. I had to go back to class (ok, it was only two days of cramming) to learn the ITIL way. Well, you awoke the ITIL monster and he has teeth so bugger off and do it the right way the first bloody time.

And that's my two cents for today. Join us tomorrow when I espouse on the evils of the shared driveway.

Ciao.

3 comments:

Penny said...

How did I get dragged in to this one?

:oP

If it's about your "read my blog" insistence and our subsequent heated discussion, I assumed it was all in good fun. Was I wrong? I hope not.

Now I'm worried.

Dtrini said...

lol, no no my dear woman, nothing like that. I was referring to the ability to "exaggerate the prick-ness". It was a double entendre that was apparently missed. No harm intended and I definitely do not hold ill against you for having an opinion that may differ from my own; I relish those debates and discussions.

Silly lady! Luv ya.

Mossy Stone said...

I admit I had to read that post a few times and I still think I missed your intent.

Glad you clarified it. Thought I'd done something wrong somewhere.