Sunday, August 13, 2006

So much stuff so little time

Not sure exactly where I want to go with the next series of blogs so I apologize in advance if the thoughts appear random, disjointed and just plain out of left field. There has been a lot going on recently; some I can talk about, some I cannot, and some I don't want to. Right now all I can say is that there is much on the horizon and I am lost on how I am going to accomplish it all. I am going to give it my very best though. At the moment though, I have some work to do in the basement. I am not feeling so righteous about myself and I think it is because the truth hurts. I've been looking at the truth sideways for a long time and today it stepped up and clocked me square. So, faced with the truth, it is finally time for change. I'll let you know what that's all about when I feel comfortable enough to do so; right now is not anywhere near such a time. There are reasons that vampires do not have mirrors in their home (the reference may be dure to my watching Angel three times nightly when I cannot sleep); they are not the only ones that do that though.

Anyhow, if I have problems in this world, what does everyone else have? In this month alone we have the continued agression in the Middle East; Canadian military is dying every week in Afghanistan, Allied forces and local peoples are targets in Iraq and the pissant UN forces are finally getting off the pot and doing something constructive in the Israel-Palestine-Lebanon issue. We had a huge gather of people trying to ensure the AIDS epidemic is front and center in people's minds, led by Richard Gere, one of the main activists. You also have the 61st anniversary of one of the most controversial acts of all time: Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the start of the nuclear age and the end of the Second World War. While the loss and change of life in Japan is to this day unimaginable, the act of dropping Fat Man and Little Boy probably saved a whole lot more lives thereafter should the war have continued. The simple truth is, we will never truly know.

There is simply a lot going on in world right now, so I choose to carry on commenting on that for now. Peace.

No comments: