Thursday, August 03, 2006

I guess it really is all in how you say it.

A colleague/friend of ours was over with her fiance July 9th, the day of the World Cup Finals final game. After the game, we all headed out to grab some food and then head off to see my nephew play his match out in Woodbridge. Another silly friend drove his own car and decide to take the 400 to Hwy 7 and across to Rutherford... right through Northern Little Italy?!?!? He was delayed by forty minutes and missed the first half. We wisely went the lower route by the airport and arrived in time to see the whole game. The game itself wasn't bad and after some chatting post-game, we heading back home where they had their car parked.

On the way, I was thinking that these two like to have some fun, are intelligent and we enjoy hanging out with them. So, I turn the music down and ask them, "Hey, do you guys like playing games?" I think I heard some "uhms" and "ers", so I continued, "We host these adult gaming nights and thought you two might want to join us." Now all I heard was dead silence and some shuffling. So, I continued to explain how we get together with some friends and eat some food, drink some drinks and play all sorts of games. I listed out Cranium, and Crossword Pyraminds, and Trivial Pursuit and Balderdash. During this listing, I heared this gasp and laughing. So, confused, I ask, "What?"

She says to us, "Ohmigawd, you don't know how relieved we are. When you said you wanted us to join you for adult games...". We all burst out laughing at that point. Holy Crap, I did not think our freaky side showed up so much that people would think we wanted to have an orgefest or something. It was a simple, innocent moment but it provided quite a guffaw that day. I still bug BB about it today when I speak to her. She and her fiance should be joining DW, MS, PS and a few others for some "adult" fun later this month.

Ciao.

No comments: