Monday, February 11, 2008

PSA - The silent killer, get to know more and recognize the signs.

I have personally begun monitoring and recording my blood pressure due to some jaw pains and headaches that have not been yet ruled out as dental issues. My doctor and my dentist both think it may be a combination of my wisdom teeth finally saying it is time to come out and my recent months of very high stress (still to be blogged, yes yes I know). In any case, I borrowed the portable Omron wrist monitor we bought for my Dad a few years ago and so far have not recorded any anomalous readings like what the doctor saw in his office or like what I got from the two visits to the local Shopper's Drug Mart produced. Obviously, I would like to think that the monitor is working correctly and that both my doctor's and the store's instruments are out of whack. Naturally, I cannot take any one device's word for something so serious so I will continue to monitor locally during the day and also pop into Shopper's every so often for a second opinion.

All in all, the last thing I want to do is to go on blood pressure pills because that is a lifetime sentence (much like my Crestor choloestorol pills, but that is for another PSA at another time). So, I will be diligent in finding the source of the issue and stamping it out. DW and I are already working out some changes in our lifestyles to ensure a much healthier path to longevity.

Peace.

High Blood Pressure - What it means and what you can do about it

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: