Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Blog-a-thon Answers for Penny Shagwell

Here are the answers to the questions which Penny Shagwell has asked me.

____________________________________________________

Q1. Are you a passive traveller (lay on a beach and drink rum punch) or a risk-taking one (bungee jumping naked in New Zealand)?

A1. I am not sure how the natives would like to see the latter, but the last thing anyone would describe as is passive. I snorkeled for the first time in Hawaii even though I am deathly afraid of heights (in this case, cold, dark, encompassing depths) and not very good in the water. I drove like the locals in St. Martin and nearly made DW... well, it would not have been good let's just say.

Q2. Do you believe in ghosts?

A2. Absolutely. Both my father's mother died in our house on Kerbar Road (Kennedy and Finch) of diabetic complications; I found her that morning. Shortly before her birthday, just before Christmas, I remember seeing her in the hallway looking into my room at night. When I went to the door, there was no one there. My mother usually checked on us at night, but was too tired to get up that night; I had asked her if it was her and why she did not answer me. Every so often, I feel Hettie Nelson's presence around me, near me, and I know that everything will be okay.

Q3. If you could stop the world and get off for a weekend, what would you do and would you do it alone?

A3. It is going to sound corny, not that I care, but I married my soulmate and anything that good to experience I could not think of doing alone. That said, I think I would want to be able to experience space and witness the majesty of creation up close. I'm not talking those Virgin Galactic flights, I'm talking the real space walking cosmonaut baby!

Q4. What's the best part of being in love?

A4. So many things, so little hard drive space. I think the best thing may be best summed up in the word "unconditional". DW gives up unconditional love, support, pressure, encouragement, sensuality, emotion, help, knowledge transfer, EVERYTHING. She does so without expectation of return but with the knowledge that it will come ten-fold in one way or another. It's in having a partner go to the bulk food store, and knowing I have had a super pissy day, buys me a little special treat; Reeses Pieces.

Q5. Which, of your pre-existing wardrobe, is your favourite item of clothing?

A5. Whoah, clothes question?!?! Hmmm, it's a four-way tie. My entire Toronto Maple Leafs collection (Gilmour authentic jersey, reversible jack, and several hats). A black Winston t-shirt that I cannot find another like anywhere. My very colourful Double-Dragon style bowling shirt. My black suit that makes it seem like DW did okay afterall (well, at least four times a year it does).


Many thanks to Penny Shagwell for dropping the bar low enough for me to participate. Afterall, we all know that Mossy Stone married above his station. ;)

____________________________________________________


Here are the rules for this Blog-a-thon:

I'll offer to interview the next how many ever people to respond to this post that will follow these rules:

1. Leave me a comment saying "interview me." Please also leave your blog address.
2. I will respond by asking you five questions here. They will be different questions than the ones above.
3. You will update YOUR blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

4 comments:

Penny said...

Excellent answers, Dtrini!!

Damn it, man, I knew I liked you!!

Dtrini said...

Thanks. I try. And thank you for not asking the typical questions.

Now to find a ten pin hall. :)

Mossy Stone said...

Can you count as high as 10?

Dtrini said...

Just come on out to the laneway, MS, and you will see exactly how high I can count. Bring it on!